Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, it seems to have sold out all over Baltimore as this morning it's available nowhere in my area. I had just about decided to get one! We'll have to wait for the second wave.
Yeah, when I picked mine up last week in Troy,MI, the store had 50, now they are gone. The LT is still available. It would appear that the PRO is a hit! I'm really happy with my purchase. Now that I have the manual in my hand, thanks to DougF, I'm a pretty happy camper.

iowabeakster

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This actually works pretty good for power user. Actually this is great for a power user and developers. You can buy more than one and do tests,mods and other stuff and not have to worry that you spent over $450 on a single tablet.
I can see why pc's are in the demise. Only laptops will be around soon.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Just to pick nits... and in defense of my beloved PCs, in all their old bulky, electricity-guzzling glory.

What you call a "power user" is probably just a "very very lite user" who uses a device constantly. That is not what is really meant by a "power user". Real power users do not even use laptops (except to remotely access the machines that actually have the needed power). Power users will still use PCs... they will still use workstations... they will still use server clusters. They will NOT use tablets to do "power" tasks. A power user (if the programs and processes that they regularly use could be even be ran on a tablet... which they can't) would drain the battery instantly doing something intensive like compiling a large programs or manage huge amounts of data (or it would take days to complete) .

A vehicle-computer analogy:

A tablet is like a Segway.
A laptop is like Prius.
A PC (with like a modern i5 or i7, terabytes of storage, 8 gigs Ram) is like a Ford F-150.
A work station is like 18-wheel tractor-trailer.
A server cluster is like freight train.

Its simply the situation of "right tool for the right job". Many people have used PCs for many years, and never once really needed the "power" that the machine "could" deliver. The only thing that ever made them think that they needed a "more powerful" machine was that they ran awful... terrible... software on those machines which made them run slow.

If anyone thinks they can use a tablet for all your computing needs, they are the absolute farthest thing from a power user. To use the analogy of vehicles above...you won't carry thousands of pounds of bricks to build a back yard patio, on the back of your segway... it just can't do it.
Wrong tool for the job.

And by the way (back on topic)... this looks an awesome value for a "Segway" type machine. I think I might get one of them. Thanks for all the info folks!

Sent from a custom-built, black box that weighs over 40 pounds, connected to over 10 square feet of screen, with 5 large fans to keep it cool under load, with a full keyboard and mouse (and uses more electricity in a minute than your tablet uses in 24 hours).

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just to pick nits... and in defense of my beloved PCs, in all their old bulky, electricity-guzzling glory.

What you call a "power user" is probably just a "very very lite user" who uses a device constantly. That is not what is really meant by a "power user". Real power users do not even use laptops (except to remotely access the machines that actually have the needed power). Power users will still use PCs... they will still use workstations... they will still use server clusters. They will NOT use tablets to do "power" tasks. A power user (if the programs and processes that they regularly use could be even be ran on a tablet... which they can't) would drain the battery instantly doing something intensive like compiling a large programs or manage huge amounts of data (or it would take days to complete) .

A laptop is like Prius.
A PC (with like a modern i5 or i7, terabytes of storage, 8 gigs Ram) is like a Ford F-150.

Its simply the situation of "right tool for the right job". Many people have used PCs for many years, and never once really needed the "power" that the machine "could" deliver. The only thing that ever made them think that they needed a "more powerful" machine was that they ran awful... terrible... software on those machines which made them run slow.

If anyone thinks they can use a tablet for all your computing needs, they are the absolute farthest thing from a power user. To use the analogy of vehicles above...you won't carry thousands of pounds of bricks to build a back yard patio, on the back of your segway... it just can't do it.
Wrong tool for the job.

And by the way (back on topic)... this looks an awesome value for a "Segway" type machine. I think I might get one of them. Thanks for all the info folks!

Sent from a custom-built, black box that weighs over 40 pounds, connected to over 10 square feet of screen, with 5 large fans to keep it cool under load, with a full keyboard and mouse (and uses more electricity in a minute than your tablet uses in 24 hours).

U tryna take over the world there, buddy? Lol :D

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
what I really want to know is if it has vibration for haptic feedback. That is one of my biggest complaints with the Nexus 7.

Yes, in fact I had to turn it off the keyboard input because it was good and strong (and I really prefer to "slide" for keyboard anyway).

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

A laptop is like Prius.

Wrong tool for the job.

I guess the CM or PA developer teams aren't power users then.

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Well, it seems to have sold out all over Baltimore as this morning it's available nowhere in my area. I had just about decided to get one! We'll have to wait for the second wave.

I snagged mine in Owings Mill the evening before release. At the time the woman had to call in the back to the stock room because she didn't even know what I was talking about, then had to call back to clarify I wanted the Pro, not the regular one. She kept saying "We don't have the display out yet... are you sure you want it without seeing the display first?" Glad I didn't let her doubts get to me. :)

reebop

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Got one, liked it, got a second one. No problems, although the camera and flash aren't that good in low light. But hey, for the price... There is a 70-page PDF manual on Hisense's web page here: Hisense Sero 7 Pro
It's under the "Download" tab and is the only download there.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My local Walmart has them in stock. They are not on display and you have to ask for them, sales staff is pitiful. Walmart is good if you know exactly what you want and need no help

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought one, glass looks just like my Nexus 7. Display is excellent

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine charged right up and is holding a charge well. Could be the cable

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
There is a post on EBay showing it hooked up to a flat screen. The reviewer said the movie he demonstrated looked like 720p, and the letterboxing of the movie did not totally touch both sides of the screen, but it looked pretty nice to me. You might look at the app, imediashare on Google Play, it does not mirror but you can show all your videos via WiFi.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The manual is now on Hisense.com. I personally downloaded it. Just go to their downloads and type in sero 7 pro. A drop down shows both pro and LT models

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty common. The worst I seen is the B&N Nook HD+. The smudges actually will blur text that you are reading!

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This bloatware is very minimal. There are many many more on just about any laptop or PC you buy.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have personally owned or own the following tablets: IPad, IPad 2, IPad 3, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, B&N Nook HD+, Google Nexus 7. This device is excellent. I return stuff in a heartbeat that I don't like, and I compared this tablet side by side with my Nexus 7 and can tell no difference in display quality or speed. It does not have Jellybean 4.2.2, only 4.2.1, and you can't use the NFC with Google Wallet. The bloatware is very minimal in my opinion. Definitely worth $149. I found that over the years virtually all electronic products are reliable. If they fail it's usually immediately, but that's rare. Now, can you drop it from 6' on concrete, I don't know? Some of these tests on YouTube are hysterical! I saw a 6' drop of two different tablets onto concrete by these two guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci