Honeycomb installed on SD, booted, now what?

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, i just copied honeycomb onto the sd card for my girlfriends nook. It booted up with no problems, and I think its all running smoothly. There are a few problems ive found so far, first is, the wifi will sometimes connect, but wont load any web-pages using browser. This is the first experience with android I've had, but i love it so far! If you guys could point us in the right direction as to where we should go from here. I want to be able to get the market, but will need the internet to work first. Any suggestions?

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Got the wifi working, a reboot did the trick. Now for the market. I am trying to follow the how to stickied at the top of the forum, however im confused. How do I "Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)" Do I remove the sd and use a card reader? If so I cannot locate any of these files. I'm using a Mac if that helps.

Thanks again guys,
Matt

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I would recomend to reset your router, if that doesn't work. check the type of encrytion you are using on your router. It might not be compatible, with the HC.

On the maket, did you installed the Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk ?

remenber this rom is base on a preview sdk and not the official. Once the official is out it will get much better.

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Got the wifi working, a reboot did the trick. Now for the market. I am trying to follow the how to stickied at the top of the forum, however im confused. How do I "Place the files in your adb tools folder (or platform-tools on the newer version - wherever adb.exe is)" Do I remove the sd and use a card reader? If so I cannot locate any of these files. I'm using a Mac if that helps.

Thanks again guys,
Matt

did you intalled the Android SDK on your computer?
if so, go to your computer find the Android SDK, look for the foder name platform-tools and place both apps there.

do you have adb and drivers working?

I don't have a Mac, but if you read this link some people with Macs got everything working.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/bar...-install-honeycomb-nook-color-sd-card-60.html

Last edited:

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You need to connect to the Nook via the USB cable, not wireless. There are some apps which will supposedly allow using adb over wireless, but I haven't had any luck trying to run a few of them.

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
OK I have the android sdk downloaded. It is a folder of files and other folders. Im not sure entirely what I'm supposed to be doing with this.
Thanks again

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok everything is downloaded and I installed the honeycomb preview platform. Now do I move the Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk files to the platform-tools folder and run the commands in terminal found in the how-to?

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
hold, for a quick second.

you installed android sdk? correct?

you copy the Vending and Services to your platform-tools folder? correct?

connect your nook to your Mac
open the command
and follow the how to?
see if it works

Like I said before, I have very limited knowlege on the Mac. but up to this point you are doing ok

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well when I downloaded sdk onto my computer platform-tools folder was completly empty. So i executed android in the tools folder and installed the platform for honeycomb. This places the aapt, adb, ect files in the platform-tools folder.

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
When I try to run terminal, to enter the commands on the how to page I get a message saying adb: command not found

Any ideas? Or am I not supposed to do these commands in terminal...

jmrmotorhead

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright thanks a lot!
I got the market installed with adb. Were all set now...except i get an error when trying to log into a google account. "cant establish a reliable data connection to the server"

Any ideas?

Calma10

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright thanks a lot!
I got the market installed with adb. Were all set now...except i get an error when trying to log into a google account. "cant establish a reliable data connection to the server"

Any ideas?

make sure your internet is working,
reboot, check internet
login to the market