How and Why to partition SD Card?

sparks555

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all who joined this thread, I got a 8gb class6 card, used xionia recovery to create 1024mb EXT partition, (I didn't get a choice for file type, I believe its EXT3) I got link2sd app and moved/linked a lot of apps to SD. Everything seems fine except my SD unmounts unexpectedly about once a day I don't know how to get my apps back so I restart the phone. At the moment I can live with it but I would like to find out why it happens, is it the SD card, gingerbread issue, link2sd or something else?

I don't have any custom roms yet, any solutions ?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all who joined this thread, I got a 8gb class6 card, used xionia recovery to create 1024mb EXT partition, (I didn't get a choice for file type, I believe its EXT3) I got link2sd app and moved/linked a lot of apps to SD. Everything seems fine except my SD unmounts unexpectedly about once a day I don't know how to get my apps back so I restart the phone. At the moment I can live with it but I would like to find out why it happens, is it the SD card, gingerbread issue, link2sd or something else?

I don't have any custom roms yet, any solutions ?

Have you looked at OPTI-ROM? It has all of the SD features built in. With no issues. Have a look at the thread. It will give you a good idea of the capabilities. I integrated these features with the newest build. If you plan to download a lot of apps, I recommend the cache2sd feature as well included in the rom. ;)