How do I change a font setting on the Pixel 3?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Joel Lynch

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
I may be wrong but it looks like the problem font you reference may be in an image, is not text. Sometimes things that appear as header text and/or site style text are actually image files (e.g. .jpg) and, of course, there's no way to alter text in an mage.

Also, too, if you haven't already I suggest you take a look at APHont, a font developed by American Printing House for the Blind specifically for low vision readers. It helped me a lot when I had post-cataract surgery (aggravated by Fuchs Syndrome) issues. Good luck.

Thanks for directions me to APHont. Can it be used oh my pixel?

ramslice

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Currently running Android 9 on a Pixel 3. I am frustrated with being able to figure out how to change a font display setting that seems to be pervasive across apps throughout the Android system. There are instances where content appears in letters and numbers that are simply outlined but not filled completely. I have a visual impairment so this is often difficult to read. How do I change a setting in Android 9 so that this content appears in the same manner as all other content across my apps and within Android?

You could only switch to a solid font. Go to settings, accessibility, experimental,then turn off high contrast text and you'll be back to a solid font.

yuchuan1

May 17, 2019
Visit site
I've encountered the same issue and solved it.
Here's what you could do and I hope this helps.
Go to accessibility, turn off High contrast font.

Cheers!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered the same issue and solved it.
Here's what you could do and I hope this helps.
Go to accessibility, turn off High contrast font.

Cheers!

This appears to be exactly the issue, @Joel Lynch. It's just too bad it took so long for someone to give you the right answer.

Settings > Accessibility, scroll to the bottom and toggle high contrast font off.

Isn't it absolutely ludicrous they think *that* is a high contrast font?