How do I increase the battery life of my Moto g 2nd generation?

dg21uday

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery life of Moto g 2nd generation

Can anybody help me out in figuring out the ways to increase the battery life on moto g 2nd generation while display is on? when the phone is idle, using the battery saving apps, I can get the best battery life of it. But, when using the device it drains very fast. Any suggestions please???

Bikrant Taldi

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life of Moto g 2nd generation

Use these steps buddy..

1) Set a super low brightness level that is still comfortable while use
2) Remove unnecessery apps along with inbuilt apps.. just disable them.
But remember to clear data & defults first.
3) Switch off Vibration, Wifi, Bluetooth, Data connections while not in use.
4) Ditch widgets you don't really need, especially those that are connected to the internet like weather widgets.
:D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

A fairly dim screen will cause between 35% to 50% of the battery drain - it's the single largest consumer of power in the phone. Don't let the fact that it's always at the top of the list when it's been on bother you - it should be.

dg21uday

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi, thanks for the reply..
Even after making the brightness level to zero and disabling all the data connections, issue is still the same. I also dont use any widgets...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings/Battery. Take a screen shot. Press the graph at the top and take a screen shot. Upload them to a site we don't need to log into to see them. Post the links here.

If we can see what's happening, maybe we can get a better idea than "get it replaced under warranty".

dg21uday

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I have uploaded the screen shot of the battery menu. Kindly let me know any issues..

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14573.jpg
    14573.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 9

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I notice is the 9% charge left - that's feeding cyanide to the battery. You should be recharging at the 40%-60% level. (That's how lithium batteries work, and until we discover something new, deeply discharging them will shorten their lives.) If you need more time between charges than 60% of the battery will give you, carry one of those portable battery packs with you. (You can get one with about 10 times the capacity of the internal one [20,000mAh] if you're willing to spend that much - and it'll last you 10 times as long between charges as the internal one will.) That's one reason I don't buy phones that don't have removable batteries - I always carry a charged spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny