How do you show off your Nexus 4?

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys show off your Nexus 4's? Do you push the sparkly glass back into peoples faces, or maybe show them the two finger swipe to get to your settings? Maybe the face unlock feature? Or, LOCK SCREEN WIDGETS?!

I show off my Nexus 4 by using the "Search with Camera" feature in Google Now and finding out information much quicker than my friends who have to type it into their "crapple devices" :p

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I generally just say "LOOK AT THE BACK, IT SPARKLES" haha. That's why I don't want a case for it, I want to be able to show off my phone!

Other than that if it's with anyone reasonably technical I'll go into all the details why it's better than their phone, majority of them have an iPhone so I just end up in the argument on which is better. Which in my opinion needs no discussion!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
People's faces without actually doing any showing off is enough for me.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't show it off I just watch their eyes as they look at it while I'm using it standing on the bus & subway.
I always rock it naked for that reason...otherwise it's just a plain black slate with no other distinguishing characteristics.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I show off the sparkles too. I suppose what catches others people's eye most is the screen quality. I always bring up the wireless display and NFC as well as a clean OS.

I've got it set for some very ease of access to information. I don't type on my phone and I don't dig. I use my voice and try to make it use its voice. The other information is widgets.

I wish Google would make the Google now voice the android default. I had use ivona tts to avoid robovoice with apps that use the default.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm keeping my case. But one of the ways it has gotten attention is when I use Google Wallet on my Nexus 4 to pay for things at stores with NFC terminals. People in line AND the cashiers get bug-eyes - what the heck was that? Wow, that was so cool! How did you do that? Then I get to tell them. :)

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a case so I take it off before someone wants to see..
The reaction from girls is "Ooo shiny back!" and from guys is "Cool, seems nice"
From AMOLED users its always "Whys the screen look so dull"

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I typically put people into a choke hold and force them down onto their knees, then scream "Look! Look, d*mmit, look!!!!!" and force their head to stare in wonder at my phone that I will place onto a red velvet-covered crate that I carry around at all times expressly for this purpose. I then make them read the entire GPL v1, 2, and 3 out loud while chanting Linus Torvalds', Richard Stallman's, Eric S. Raymond's, and Bruce Peren's names in Gregorian Chant form.

Isn't that what everyone does, though?

JLogic0

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't show it off. Thieves every where unfortunately. If its a friend, I'll let them navigate it to see what they think. Other wise, keep it under the radar (generic tpu case).

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Like JLogic0, I see no need or value in showing it off. If a friend asks about my phone, I would answer any questions, but otherwise I see no reason to put it on display.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't show it off I just watch their eyes as they look at it while I'm using it standing on the bus & subway.
I always rock it naked for that reason...otherwise it's just a plain black slate with no other distinguishing characteristics.

That's why I never use a case lol... Love when people just state at my phone while I'm using it.. Swiping away at my key board.. Using Google currents...

I take a picture and other android users ask me what app I use.. I just reply, it's the stock so app. Lol.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't show it off. Thieves every where unfortunately. If its a friend, I'll let them navigate it to see what they think. Other wise, keep it under the radar (generic tpu case).

Ditto. About two weeks ago i witnessed a lady running thru downtown Oakland running after some kid yelling "stop him he stole my phone. Another tactic is spraying you in the face with bear spray or punching you in the face and taking your phone.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Been blowing minds both behind and in front of registers all over since the gnex using key ring to scan my "members cards etc." and then paying via Google Wallet. Actually save my **** onces, too, when I forgot my actual wallet and was nearly our of gas ~40 miles from home. Paypass app found a Wawa close by with NFC terminals (pump and inside). Otherwise, the phone gets its complements on its own thanks to Google/LG's design and build quality. Not that I or my N4 really care all that much what other's think :p

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a case so I take it off before someone wants to see..
The reaction from girls is "Ooo shiny back!" and from guys is "Cool, seems nice"
From AMOLED users its always "Whys the screen look so dull"

LG did a pretty poor job on the stock screen calibration. Mine is gorgeous (to my eyes) after playing with the controls in Franco's kernel app. I unlocked/flashed mine and my lady's right out of the box, so I was really surprised to see how awful...relatively speaking...the screen looked on a Tmobile display model compared to my own device. Not sure if there are apps you can use to calibrate stock, but I highly suggest looking into it (and/or flashing custom).

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't show it off, simply because as much as I like it it's still just a tool and I don't feel a need to shove my preferences in other's faces. For that same reason I always laugh at iPhone cases with the special cutout on the back that ensures the Apple logo is visible. It's as if those owners must show the world they have a genuine iPhone, or their whole day is ruined along with their self-worth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz