How do you show off your Nexus 4?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am really proud of my Nexus 4 and i never hesitate to show of features i have compared to other devices.
especially to my close friends who own iDevices. I concentrate on stuffs they cant do with their devices.

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I just use my phone and it confuses all my friends, because they ALL have iPhones. I'm now the only one without an iPhone. At first they all asked and wanted to see it and most liked it but the commond response was "its awesome, but I cant believe you got rid of your iPhone"...
Other than that I can really show it off because I have a hybrid case on it and the clear back doesn't allow the little sparkles to reflect at all really...

Question for those who may know....
How does a skin like the Zagg affect the back of the N4 ?
I like the extra flare and would like the sparkles to be visible at least somewhat, do back skins have the same effect as the hybrid cases ?

Infinite7154

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my case. But one of the ways it has gotten attention is when I use Google Wallet on my Nexus 4 to pay for things at stores with NFC terminals. People in line AND the cashiers get bug-eyes - what the heck was that? Wow, that was so cool! How did you do that? Then I get to tell them. :)

That is exactly how I show mine off. Whenever I go to Hess, Rite-Aid, Finish Line or McDonald's I pay with Google Wallet. And without fail the clerks and whoever is standing in line wonder how I did it. I love it. Google should give me a job because I promote the H3ll out of my Nexus 4!

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've already flashed a custom rom and even had the recommended gamma values.. AMOLED screens are still better when both devices are on auto brightness.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've already flashed a custom rom and even had the recommended gamma values.. AMOLED screens are still better when both devices are on auto brightness.

As someone who owned the Gnex, SGS3, GN2, and the N4 at the same time....I respectfully disagree BIG TIME:cool:

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh is it.. Thanks for that, I wont have to worry about trying to make the screen better.. I felt quite embarrased when two different people came out with why does your screen look so dark.. Although I had recommend gamma colours.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
As someone who owned the Gnex, SGS3, GN2, and the N4 at the same time....I respectfully disagree BIG TIME:cool:

I agree with ya. Loved the pop of the colors on my gnex, but hated the whites that were more blue, and screen ghosting. Nothing like seeing your notification panel when watching a video or playing a game. Personally, I would never get another AMOLED screen again.

I show mine off with the Ringke Fusion case, the one with the clear back to let the sparkly back shine for all to see and stare in amazement at.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh is it.. Thanks for that, I wont have to worry about trying to make the screen better.. I felt quite embarrased when two different people came out with why does your screen look so dark.. Although I had recommend gamma colours.

I usually keep my phone on minimum brightness so I just say I turned it down because I don't need a bright screen.

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Today I showed off my phone by taking a photosphere picture in my Chemistry class. Everyone was so amazed till they found out they need an N4 or Google PLUS to view it LMFAO!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Show it off? Naw. But i did get some inquiring looks while I was taking a photo sphere pic at the NCMLS.

https://plus.google.com/110827133396958394298/posts/A5ejXKF8CAc

I also get looks if I use a voice search to set a reminder or appointment or launch an app, in public. Oh and when I search a Amazon for a product scanning as UPC.

I use a Poetic Palette case so my phone looks uber generic. I like it like that. Spy master. :cool:

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Google Wallet at Walgreens, every damn day. Lockscreen widgets, overall layout of the main screen, . When it really starts working google now will be show off worthy. And of course, naked, no cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d