How is it with the no quick charge?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So how bad is it really without this feature? Is your phone taking years to charge or is it just another half hour? Just curious to hear real owners thoughts :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Carl Curniski

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
With my iphone, i wake up, walk to work and listen to music, get to work, and for the next twelve hours id listen to music, text and send off emails. I would have to have my phone on the stereo dock to charge for most of the day if i wanted some battery to have music on the way home from work. With my One, i do the exact same thing, without the need to charge all day long, and when i get home i still have between 10 and 40 percent battery life depending on my usage for the day, and then i fall asleep and let the phone charge while i sleep. I cannot attest to how much longer it takes, but i can tell you that my phone lasts long enough during the day that when it does come to charging it, i personally dont know a difference, although i know one does exist.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
95% of the time I only charge it overnight, for which a faster charge time is not relavent.

The other 5% of the time I don't need a full charge, and an hour charge is plenty to add 4 or 5 hours of up time.

It would be great if I could fast charge but the reality is that it just doesn't matter.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a comparison yesterday with my GS4. HONESTLY I saw little difference between the two. In fact the GS4 seemed to take longer from 90%-100%

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's annoying, but not a deal breaker. I just spend a lot more time below 50% than I'm used to, but I still make it through the day without issues.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Haven't had to charge it many times throughout the day, mostly charging at night. So not having quick charge hasn't been a problem.... Yet.

Sent from my HTC One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Glad to hear it isn't really an issue. Thanks guys :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I get 5-6 hours sleep before work so as long as it's charged, I'm not worried about Charging Times. I compared it to my S4 last night and the One took an hour longer using the OEM.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I drained it until it shut down just to see how long it took to charge to 100%. It took almost 4 hours but the last 10% took the longest (little over an hour). So 0 to 90% in a little under 3 hours. Like most I charge it at night so no problem here.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is that charging in my car while using waze burns battery faster than it charges.

Posted via Android Central App

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine wouldnt charge while navigating either. My workaround is to cut the screen off and just listen to the voice navigation. It works, charge time this way is reasonable.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Takes about 3.5 hours. Not an issue for me since I'm getting great battery life and easily getting through the day. I only charge over night, so the amount of time it takes becomes a non issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver