How is your pre-installed screen protector holding up?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine got scratched up this weekend so I took it off and put on the Whitestone Dome that I purchased before I bought the phone. Now my FPS hardly works. It worked great with the factory screen protector.

Did you turn on touch sensitivity and redo the fingerprints?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Yes to both.

It took for-ev-er for it to even acknowledge any finger was touching it when redoing my prints. It would not register even one touch. Now, a few hours later, I am finding that it's easier for it to recognize. Maybe it just needs time for the glue to settle in and completely dry. I'll see how it does the next couple days.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It held up until it fell out of my vest pocket face down. SAMSUNG kickstand case.

It actually did its job and protected the screen because it landed on a tiny stone. It had a hole but didn't go through.

rolexreviews

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I don't wanna take mine off but there's constantly dust/dirt getting in the camera cut out and it drives me nuts until I force it out with my fingernail (instead of a simple wipe with a t-shirt/cloth)

I don't wanna take it off because I don't want the screen to get scratched like my S8 did.

Wondering if they sell a screen protector without a hole punch cut out... and if it would affect the cameras quality

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't wanna take mine off but there's constantly dust/dirt getting in the camera cut out and it drives me nuts until I force it out with my fingernail (instead of a simple wipe with a t-shirt/cloth)

I don't wanna take it off because I don't want the screen to get scratched like my S8 did.

Wondering if they sell a screen protector without a hole punch cut out... and if it would affect the cameras quality

the ZAGG does not have a hole punch out. I'm actually very pleased with it after having in on for several days now. zero complaints.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the phone for 3 days, but the pre-installed screen protector is great. I almost forget it's on. I'm impressed with the oleophobic coating. Much better than the plastic screen protectors of old.

Brent Fredryk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine got gouged within a few days. I had pre-ordered the ZAGG before I knew that the phone came with a screen protector already installed. After the gouge happened, I decided to try the ZAGG. It actually installed very easily, and I like the feel of it. The pre-installed protector was fine while it lasted. Who knows how long the ZAGG will last.

How does screen look with the Zagg protector installed? I have noticed that the pre-installed screen protectors grays/washes out the whites a bit. Similar to very cheap protectors I have used in the past. Just curious if you notice a different with the Zagg installed.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would almost always put a Zagg screen protector on until my last 2 phones I think. The screen held up almost scratch free, although I do try and be careful with it. I decided to leave the screen protector on this phone but I'm already ready to remove it as it's all nicked up in a few spots, something I never had with my Zagg protectors. Makes me think the Samsung installed one is not exactly great quality to be this scratched up this fast despite treating the phone no different than my previous ones.

How is everyone else's doing?

Mine is still perfect on the edges. Except for a few tiny bubbles but i can live with it.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Not good, I bought this case Rugged Case with Kickstand, Poetic and when I was trying to put the phone in, it grabbed a corner of it or something and the whole screen pop straight out, I put it back in but it had like 30 small bubbles. I took it off and bought this one instead, ArmorSuit Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Screen Protector for $7.87 and I'm pretty happy with it, looks flawless.

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
My screen protector from the factory is holding up well ! I don't think I'll take it off till it gets tired.

I've noticed the edges of the screen protector around the curved display is showing signs of the adhesive wearing off, other than that its doing its job well.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
How does screen look with the Zagg protector installed? I have noticed that the pre-installed screen protectors grays/washes out the whites a bit. Similar to very cheap protectors I have used in the past. Just curious if you notice a different with the Zagg installed.

Brent, I appears very clear to me. As with all ZAGG's, it has that slight rubbery texture, but is very smooth(not grippy) to use. FPS working as good as with stock protector. No cutout for front camera.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Not well at all. 2 weeks and here is what mine looks like.

685be108aa8ded38822a016a24cc3049.jpg