How to change boot animations and mp3 in new froyo leak

ryaleon

Apr 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
so has anyone got this to work yet?

yeah ive got it working fine. 3g is fine now and animation and audio are fine.

originally used this method for boot animations: adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
i tried it like this and i believe this is what messed up my 3g. so i just used root explorer to delete that bootanimation. dnt use this method anymore.

use this for bootanimations now: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7384709&highlight=animation#post7384709

Last edited:

gomez72000

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah ive got it working fine. 3g is fine now and animation and audio are fine.

originally used this method for boot animations: adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
i tried it like this and i believe this is what messed up my 3g. so i just used root explorer to delete that bootanimation. dnt use this method anymore.

use this for bootanimations now: [ROM]Leaked Stock 2.2 with Sense [EVERYTHING WORKS!!] - Page 58 - xda-developers

I keep getting this error.
cp: can't stat '/system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip': No such file or directory

but if I use root explorer the file is there...any ideas?

also

if I run
C:\sdk\tools>adb remount
I get
remount failed: Unknown error: 0

so I have had to use

adb shell mount / -o rw,remount

any help would be appreciated, I know I asked a lot.

ryaleon

Apr 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
I keep getting this error.
cp: can't stat '/system/customize/resource/VZW_bootanimation.zip': No such file or directory

but if I use root explorer the file is there...any ideas?

also

if I run
C:\sdk\tools>adb remount
I get

so I have had to use

adb shell mount / -o rw,remount

any help would be appreciated, I know I asked a lot.

are you doing this in recovery? i booted into recovery mode, mounted system, then proceeded.

gomez72000

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
did u mount system once in recovery?

Yeah...kind of
I tried "C:\sdk\tools>adb remount"
and it returned

I havent been able to figure out why I cant remount either. I did find on another forum post to run this command adb shell mount / -o rw,remount and it didnt return any errors so I think it worked.

ryaleon

Apr 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yeah...kind of
I tried "C:\sdk\tools>adb remount"
and it returned

I havent been able to figure out why I cant remount either. I did find on another forum post to run this command adb shell mount / -o rw,remount and it didnt return any errors so I think it worked.

when u go into clockwork scroll down to partitions and click on it. once inside that just click on mount system.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was able to copy the new file, but the screen would just stay black until the home screen came up.

Same method as 2.1 but to the new location. Don't know what I am missing. Reverted back to the stock animation without a hitch .

ryaleon

Apr 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was able to copy the new file, but the screen would just stay black until the home screen came up.

Same method as 2.1 but to the new location. Don't know what I am missing. Reverted back to the stock animation without a hitch .

i had that happen with 2.1 method before. just with one certain animation. so maybe the animitation itself is the issue.