How to disable phone dim before it goes to sleep?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
After using the phone (Samsung S4), when I leave the phone alone, it will stay at normal brightness for a while then it will dim (lower brightness) for about 5 seconds then the whole screen will turn black (sleep).

I want to disable the dim. How can I do it? I want it from normal brightness to turn black (sleep).

Thanks

(It is irritating during the dim because I can only press the screen to make phone to return to normal brightness and I tend to press wrong stuff as screen is dimmed, or no empty area to press. Anything pressed on screen will still take effect but I actually do not want to press anything. When it is black I can use power key to turn on again to normal brightness without pressing screen.)

Last edited:

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of a solution but maybe you can try different Screen Modes - Maybe they would make a difference?
I have my S4 set to read my eye so that it doesn't dim when I am reading or studying something.
Or, try hitting the Menu button when it dims, then all you have to do is hit the Back button right afterwards to return to your screen.
Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86