How to fix a "Can't play video" error?? [Samsung Galaxy S3]

A

AC Question

My device is a T Mobile Galaxy S3. Prior to a day ago all videos that were downloaded via WhatsApp or other sources played fine. Now unless you access video files directly from the video player I get an "Can't Play video" error. No changes that I am aware of took place, no memory, software upgrades, no reorganizing of files.
How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Rich

nalsey

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to fix a "Can't play video" error??

Hi rich.

Uninstall all google+ updates in application Manager. Worked for me.

Ben

Jose Peregrina

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

Go on settings, then find application manager. After that choose the application you want to uninstall by clicking on it and there should be an option to uninstall updates.

epyblast

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

I signed up only to thanks Ben for that solution. It worked like a charm. You save my day!!

urbanhominid

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site

Cheers! This worked perfectly. My mum came to me with this problem many days back. I looked at it that day, couldn't figure it out then and made a note to look into it later. Today I spent all afternoon trying to figure out what the problem was. I tried to go through the logs. I connected the mobile to my laptop, opened android studio hoping to debug the **** out of it. But nothing. Then found your answer! But for the life of me I don't understand the solution. How can Google+ updates have any affect whatsoever on the playing of a video?
But anyway thanks a lot mate. I signed up only to thank you as well.

ABCoveney

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site

Hi rich.

Uninstall all google+ updates in application Manager. Worked for me.

Ben

This fix worked for me in that it allowed me to view videos again on my LGG4. However, it appears that in doing this, it effected the onboard editing software, and corrupted all of my edited photos. Doing this uninstal seemed to delete my editing functions. When I updated the editing software again... my videos would not play again.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Kirby2595

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site

Thankyou! Just wrote my own question then found this....worked perfect hope it doesn't incur any other probs tho 😣

Posted via the Android Central App

jpt19

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the info!
FYI- This (uninstall updates for G+) worked for me on an LG G3 on AT&T.

meganm2

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

Hi, could someone please tell me, when i go to uninstall google+ updates, it asks if I want to Replace with factory version, if I do this will it delete everything on my phone as a factory reset would, thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi, could someone please tell me, when i go to uninstall google+ updates, it asks if I want to Replace with factory version, if I do this will it delete everything on my phone as a factory reset would, thanks

Hello meganm2, welcome to the forums! That message is just the normal warning before you uninstall updates for an app. You won't delete anything not related to Google+, don't worry.

meganm2

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site

Hello meganm2, welcome to the forums! That message is just the normal warning before you uninstall updates for an app. You won't delete anything not related to Google+, don't worry.

Thanks ever so much for replying, when I see anything to do with 'factory reset' I try to avoid it. I have gone ahead and uninstalled and can now play my videos 👍

AnjAlycyous Alice

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

i wanna ask what is the ^all google+ updates^ really is
because i cant find it on my aplication manager
really need the answer a.s.a.p
because i cant play any of the video

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane