How to get a deal on Note 3

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the original note att sgh-i717. I want to stay with att but don't want to pay $299. I'm ok with 2yr contract just want reduced upgrade fee

Any advice will be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to get a deal on note 3

ATT will probably do a $100 off deal on Black friday or Cyber Monday. I would expect them to start advertising the black friday deals in a week or so.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I am debating the same thing. When you start looking at the numbers it is cheaper in the long run to just buy a phone outright and get a AT&T coverage plan from a number of sources. I am looking at Straight Talk and Net 10. Payback time is about 15 to 18 months and you save money after that.

iknowmyabc

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I just called in (8months into contract) and got my note 3 for $299 + $75 bill credit + waived upgrade fees and free overnight shipping. You do save money by buying outright and upgrading every 2 years but by calling into retentions and getting early upgrades at full upgrade amount you come out a bit better

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

You could sell your old Note on a local for sale page on FB or Craigslist and put that money towards the cost of a new one. I sold my Note 2 for $400 and it covered the upgrade cost and also the cost for a few accessories. I don't recommend the trade-in program carriers offer unless your phone is in ****ty shape and you know you won't get a good price selling it to someone else (also why I always use a protective case on whatever device I own; to protect the resale value and cover the cost if I want the newest and latest device).

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I got the deal of the century on mine. My 13 yr old needed a new phone & was due for an upgrade but being that he's 13, he knows he gets my latest phone which was my GS3 & I took his upgrade. I did my research on any specials or promos first before heading to the AT&T store & learned they were still doing the minimum $100 trade-in so I took my son's POS 8 GB iPhone 3GS & just for the heck of it, I dug out my husband's old 8GB 3GS to bring along on the outside chance I might be able to get credit for them both. I also knew they started a new promotion that day and if you were upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, or Note 3 they were giving FREE LTE GALAXY TAB 3 tablets. I knew that I'd have to choose one or the other, but the tablet is what I wanted to get my husband for Christmas. Anyway, I had resigned to the fact that I had to get the S4 since that's really what we could afford, though the Note 3 was what I really wanted.
I walked in & a young man who I hadn't seen there before was eagerly waiting to help me. I told him I was taking my son's upgrade & that I brought his iPhone to trade as well as a 2nd iPhone we had & asked if I could trade both or if I could only use the one. He said of course I could and I'd get $200 towards my upgrade. I figured I was on a roll so I asked about the free Tab 3 promo with a Galaxy upgrade that just started & he was surprised I knew and gave me credit for 'doing my homework before I came in'. I was a bit embarrassed & said obviously I couldn't do both the trade-ins and the free tablet promo, but he looked at me and asked why I didn't want to since the tablet was free aside from having to add a small monthly data plan.
I stood there with my mouth hanging open for what seemed like an eternity and then it hit me. I could get my beloved Note 3 since I had a $200 gift card to use towards it making it only $99 which is what I planned to spend on the S4 anyway.
So for $99 + tax, I left the AT&T store with my 1 year old S3 all set to go for my son, a brand new Galaxy Note 3 for me, & a brand new Galaxy Tab 3 LTE for my husband.
I went home and stared at the receipt and all the goodies for some time until it actually sank in cuz I'm just not that lucky. Ever. I'm still in shock. I'll never have a deal like that come my way again so I just had to share my story.
My sincere apologies if I bored any of you to tears, but it's quite possibly my equivalent of the lotto!

~*?*~Heidi~*?*~

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 using AC Forums mobile app

vidip25

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I just called in (8months into contract) and got my note 3 for $299 + $75 bill credit + waived upgrade fees and free overnight shipping. You do save money by buying outright and upgrading every 2 years but by calling into retentions and getting early upgrades at full upgrade amount you come out a bit better

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

How did you get Note 3 for $299 even though u were only 8 months in to contract? I was in the same boat and about 11 months in to the contract but I had to pay extra $250 on top of $299 for early upgrade fees. On top of that you managed to get $75 bill credit as well? wow

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I got the deal of the century on mine. My 13 yr old needed a new phone & was due for an upgrade but being that he's 13, he knows he gets my latest phone which was my GS3 & I took his upgrade. I did my research on any specials or promos first before heading to the AT&T store & learned they were still doing the minimum $100 trade-in so I took my son's POS 8 GB iPhone 3GS & just for the heck of it, I dug out my husband's old 8GB 3GS to bring along on the outside chance I might be able to get credit for them both. I also knew they started a new promotion that day and if you were upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, or Note 3 they were giving FREE LTE GALAXY TAB 3 tablets. I knew that I'd have to choose one or the other, but the tablet is what I wanted to get my husband for Christmas. Anyway, I had resigned to the fact that I had to get the S4 since that's really what we could afford, though the Note 3 was what I really wanted.
I walked in & a young man who I hadn't seen there before was eagerly waiting to help me. I told him I was taking my son's upgrade & that I brought his iPhone to trade as well as a 2nd iPhone we had & asked if I could trade both or if I could only use the one. He said of course I could and I'd get $200 towards my upgrade. I figured I was on a roll so I asked about the free Tab 3 promo with a Galaxy upgrade that just started & he was surprised I knew and gave me credit for 'doing my homework before I came in'. I was a bit embarrassed & said obviously I couldn't do both the trade-ins and the free tablet promo, but he looked at me and asked why I didn't want to since the tablet was free aside from having to add a small monthly data plan.
I stood there with my mouth hanging open for what seemed like an eternity and then it hit me. I could get my beloved Note 3 since I had a $200 gift card to use towards it making it only $99 which is what I planned to spend on the S4 anyway.
So for $99 + tax, I left the AT&T store with my 1 year old S3 all set to go for my son, a brand new Galaxy Note 3 for me, & a brand new Galaxy Tab 3 LTE for my husband.
I went home and stared at the receipt and all the goodies for some time until it actually sank in cuz I'm just not that lucky. Ever. I'm still in shock. I'll never have a deal like that come my way again so I just had to share my story.
My sincere apologies if I bored any of you to tears, but it's quite possibly my equivalent of the lotto!

~*?*~Heidi~*?*~

When did you get yours? I have a couple old useless iphones I could trade in as well.

Looks like ATT is going to screw Note 3 dreamers on black friday. You can get 50% off all phones under $199. Dont get jack if you want to buy a more expensive phone. How does that make sense? Why not just do 50% off all phones up to a maximum $100 off.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

So I called ATT and was able to get them to give me $100 off the N3. Tenure of my account allowed them to give me the 50% up to $199 deal taken off my Note3. Also threw in free priority ship as well. So I should be getting my Note 3 on Friday. Total after taxes was $213.49. Cant complain.

If you have a long time account (not sure what qualifies as that, but mine is 8 years old at this point) call and see what they will do for you.

carnevoodoo

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I walked in to the AT&T store when Best Buy was doing the 100 dollars off thing, and asked if they'd match. The woman who was helping me said that they didn't have any power over it, so I called retention (while still sitting in the store.) After about a 7 minute wait, a guy answered the phone and offered me 200 dollars credit on my account (somehow ended up with 207 dollars credit!) and I traded in my iPhone 4 for 132 dollars. So I basically paid taxes to get the phone. Love it!

disneymagik

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

When did you get yours? I have a couple old useless iphones I could trade in as well.

Looks like ATT is going to screw Note 3 dreamers on black friday. You can get 50% off all phones under $199. Dont get jack if you want to buy a more expensive phone. How does that make sense? Why not just do 50% off all phones up to a maximum $100 off.

I got mine on October 30th. I researched what promos were going on before I left for the store. I'm usually not that prepared, but boy was I glad I did my homework!

DEAD SE-RIOUS

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

~*?*~Heidi~*?*~

I did the exact same thing.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

got it for 99$ 20 minutes ago. I called the cancellation department and they transferred me to normal sales dept (I was like, ****!). I told them that verizon is doing a 50% promo on note 3 and she told me that she can give me the phone for 299$ and she said that was a black friday deal saving of 500$ lol. I said I will pass and go find something else, she said to wait and came back and told me that i was a customer since 2008 and she will give me the phone for 99$, tried to waive the upgrade fees but couldn't. Though I got charged only 108$ including tax. It is possible to get a good deal if you got tenure

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

got it for 99$ 20 minutes ago. I called the cancellation department and they transferred me to normal sales dept (I was like, ****!). I told them that verizon is doing a 50% promo on note 3 and she told me that she can give me the phone for 299$ and she said that was a black friday deal saving of 500$ lol. I said I will pass and go find something else, she said to wait and came back and told me that i was a customer since 2008 and she will give me the phone for 99$, tried to waive the upgrade fees but couldn't. Though I got charged only 108$ including tax. It is possible to get a good deal if you got tenure

Please post screenshot or email so the rest of us can try to match your deal, thanks!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I just called and asked and they gave it to me for 199. No arguing or threatening to leave. Just a civil conversation and I walked away happy.

Sent from my gameboy color

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

ordernote3.JPG

got the phone today, not gonna use it until i get my tempered glass and a case

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Damn

100 bucks????????

The tempered glass really work against glass breakage?

Well, I heard some people who dropped their phone shattered the tempered glass, but the actual glass on the phone was intact. There were also some videos on youtube

I ordered the iloome screenmate flexible glass which is thinner.

dataquestAC

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I just checked the AT&T website and the Note 3 is going for $250. So, that's a little better than the $300 they were asking. It doesn't say that it is on sale, so maybe this is the new normal price for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky