[HOW TO] Return to Stock for Froyo Update

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the walk through. If I am running a voodoo kernal, do I have to disable lagfix before I Odin back to stock or does Odin over-write everything?

I would convert to nonvoodoo before just in case.

I didn't, then when i flashed the all in one packages i was getting FC, then i converted back to voodoo and no more FC.

sfd0124

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Love my SC 2.9.2 but the need to flash is calling me. I'm going to go stock and then OTA back to froyo to get the modem. Still deciding what to do after that.:)

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Love my SC 2.9.2 but the need to flash is calling me. I'm going to go stock and then OTA back to froyo to get the modem. Still deciding what to do after that.:)

Your welcome, as always just follow the instructions to a "T" on the method of your choosing. Can't go wrong that way :)

Reactions: sfd0124

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Decisions Decisions!

I got Nitro Evil Fascination on mine :)

bak9799

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but if the Fascinate is stock and has the 2.2 update. Could I use this to flash back to 2.1? This is for a friend of mines phone and I just want to make sure I can use this and not brick the phone...

Thanks in advance!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, but if the Fascinate is stock and has the 2.2 update. Could I use this to flash back to 2.1? This is for a friend of mines phone and I just want to make sure I can use this and not brick the phone...

Thanks in advance!

yes you can flash this at any point to get back to 2.1

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
W0W... a big THANK YOU to the OP for this thread on how to return to stock. Needing to get my Fascinate exchanged due to excessive sidetone.

My Fascinate ALREADY had Froyo 2.2, and was able to go back to DI01, then do the automatic OTA updates to get to ED03 (yes, it really exists!).

NOTE: When I did the DI01 flash, Odin screen showed successful completion in about 4 min. My phone, however, hung the 'Download' screen with about 3/4 completion... scary! After about 20 minutes of the download screen not changing, I finally unplugged the phone, and booted up. Flash DID complete successfully! So... I guess if this happens to you, don't panic like I did!

chaz60795

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
baseband is unknown build is sch-1500.D101
i got my 3g signal now but i wanan update to froyo and it won't tell me if theres an update orn ot

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
baseband is unknown build is sch-1500.D101
i got my 3g signal now but i wanan update to froyo and it won't tell me if theres an update orn ot

Baseband is your modem/radio if it can't get a signal it won't know of there is an update. something went.wrong with the flash... Try to flash with odin again

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

EDGeFastTrack

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the VZW DL09 Eclair in order to get back to square one after some bad flashes. Can someone please tell me the difference between this and the Dl01 package suggested in the beginning of this thread? Same end result? Thanks!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the VZW DL09 Eclair in order to get back to square one after some bad flashes. Can someone please tell me the difference between this and the Dl01 package suggested in the beginning of this thread? Same end result? Thanks!

DI01 was the build our phones came with when it was released back in September. DL09 was the official verizon software upgrade in December. So DI01 was firmware 2.1 and DL09 is firmware 2.1 update 1. If you flash to DI01 you will likely not receive the OTA upgrade to ED03 as I believe the path is DL09=>EA28=>ED03. DI01 is to far back to receive the current OTA.

However if you are flashing just to get back to a stock build for a clean wipe and fresh start, DI01 is just as good, if not better than DL09 as DI01 may do a deeper wipe.

Reactions: EDGeFastTrack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny