[How to] Root Samsung Infuse **5/19/11**[Windows & Mac]Now with GingerSnap!!

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Does the OTA update kill the ability to root? I'm not having much luck although I was able to root fine before the OTA.

endor999

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
DroidXCon, thanks a million for a wonderful writeup and for making the files available again!

I successfully rooted mine last night with your help. I followed the ADB method on Windows; I'm completely new to Android and wanted to better understand what was behind the curtain...

Some tips for others looking to do this:

1) Executing the first batch of "adb push", I had to add an "adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/Superuser.apk". Otherwise, the "com.sh" shell script will fail saying it's not available. The Mac instructions have this, but I ignored that section (I'm a Win7 user).

2) GingerBreak did hang on me the first time. Reboot via battery pull fixed that.

3) When com.sh bombed, I lost my root shell. No biggie, I restarted GingerBreak to get it back but it complained about "boomsh. permission denied". Doing an "rm /data/local/tmp/*" fixed it and GingerBreak did its magic...

Hope this helps others contemplating the move...

adityaduggal

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I would like to know that whether rooting my Samsung infuse give me the rights to generate an unlock code for the phone or I would still have to buy the unlock code.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXCon, thanks a million for a wonderful writeup and for making the files available again!

I successfully rooted mine last night with your help. I followed the ADB method on Windows; I'm completely new to Android and wanted to better understand what was behind the curtain...

Some tips for others looking to do this:

1) Executing the first batch of "adb push", I had to add an "adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/Superuser.apk". Otherwise, the "com.sh" shell script will fail saying it's not available. The Mac instructions have this, but I ignored that section (I'm a Win7 user).

2) GingerBreak did hang on me the first time. Reboot via battery pull fixed that.

3) When com.sh bombed, I lost my root shell. No biggie, I restarted GingerBreak to get it back but it complained about "boomsh. permission denied". Doing an "rm /data/local/tmp/*" fixed it and GingerBreak did its magic...

Hope this helps others contemplating the move...

Good catch on the Superuser.apk i forgotten to add that part in when i was changing it around, thank you

yeah if you leave the boomsh in the /data/local/tmp folder and try to root a second time it stops you .

great feed back thanks alot

jc2692

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
when i put in ./adb devices in terminal, it comes up saying

-bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

phone is in debugging mode. my desktop had an icon of the phone on it, so my computer recognizes it.

mac, 10.5.8

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
when i put in ./adb devices in terminal, it comes up saying

-bash: ./adb: No such file or directory

phone is in debugging mode. my desktop had an icon of the phone on it, so my computer recognizes it.

mac, 10.5.8

JC,

The problem is most likely due to the fact that when you unzipped the original files, it went into a sub-folder. That happened to me the first time. You need to make sure that the sdk file is in the root folder. I used the directions in #5 and got them to work perfectly once I moved the extracted sdk to the root folder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anna_miller