HTC ONE REVIEW - The Verge

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
All I cared about was the battery life. If the Verge is correct then it will be the HTC One and done. Personally, I cant believe its true. First off, the verge hasn't had it long enough to make a real observation on battery life. Second, if HTC would actually release this phone with sub par battery life, they deserve to go out of business.

They said the same thing about the DNA, and look how that turned out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

SC1

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I watched the video review and the guy seemed to really like it. He said that he fell in love with it, and that it was the best android smartphone he's used.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol at the ignorance. Clearly you are too blinded to see an iphone 4 will smoke the crappy Android phones even at the low end. And last time I checked the iphone 5 is outselling the Samsung devices because its the superior product.

At the $99 on contract price point the One X+ smokes the iPhone 4S. Sorry, it's a fact. Probably any other $99 Android phone, too, since if you want LTE you can't get a 4S.

At the free (or $.99, let's not nitpick), the One VX smokes the 4. For the same reason, and on features (turn-by-turn navigation, one of the top two uses of smartphones by the average consumer). Build quality is also REALLY good. That's on AT&T, which is still the largest seller of iPhone's by carrier.

At the $200 it's honestly not even a contest. Note 2, S3, the One when it launches, and probably the S4 also when it launches. Then the iPhone 5S will launch (or whatever it's called). When that happens and the 5 becomes $100 then we can talk.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There is not a single Android device that outsells the iPhone. Except the quarter the S3 was released shorty before the soft sales due to the anticipated iPhone 5 release.

Even in an Android only world, there are 5 'crap' devices for every 1 'good' one. How many super crappy android phones are 'free or 50 bucks' with contract, how to they compare to the free/$50 4S's?

Dirt is more plentiful than diamonds, my friend.
Speaking of dirt, do you have to bring your fanboy chatter into this thread? God knows we have heard this too many times. We are talking about the HTC One I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
At the $99 on contract price point the One X+ smokes the iPhone 4S. Sorry, it's a fact. Probably any other $99 Android phone, too, since if you want LTE you can't get a 4S.

At the free (or $.99, let's not nitpick), the One VX smokes the 4. For the same reason, and on features (turn-by-turn navigation, one of the top two uses of smartphones by the average consumer). Build quality is also REALLY good. That's on AT&T, which is still the largest seller of iPhone's by carrier.

At the $200 it's honestly not even a contest. Note 2, S3, the One when it launches, and probably the S4 also when it launches. Then the iPhone 5S will launch (or whatever it's called). When that happens and the 5 becomes $100 then we can talk.
Don't forget to throw in my lowly $350 off contract Nexus 4 in for good measure. Zero lag, updates and special Google sauce all at an unbeatable price. Call it a mid range phone if you like. :D

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of dirt, do you have to bring your fanboy chatter into this thread? God knows we have heard this too many times. We are talking about the HTC One I believe.
Fanboy? I don't think so. I just am critical and do not defend a phone. Every phone has its positives...and its faults:

HTC One - Nice design & screen, sub-par battery and storage. Excellent front facing speakers!
HTC DNA - Your charger called, you left the house without it...you won't make it.
Nexus 4 - Paging LTE....
iPhone 5 - No Simultaneous LTE/voice on CDMA? Hello...2010 called.
Galaxy S3 - RGB called, they said your PenTile needs clarity.
RAZR HD - Excessive lag dropped by to say hi.

If the HTC One had more storage and a larger battery...I'd be all over it. I'd deal with the poor camera and occasional scrolling stickiness.

I'd be more than happy to shell out $400 on contract for a PREMIUM handset. I genuinely feel HTC is the most likely to do so. Which is why I get so frustrated when they miss the mark.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Fanboy? I don't think so. I just am critical and do not defend a phone. Every phone has its positives...and its faults:

HTC One - Nice design & screen, sub-par battery and storage. Excellent front facing speakers!
HTC DNA - Your charger called, you left the house without it...you won't make it.
Nexus 4 - Paging LTE....
iPhone 5 - No Simultaneous LTE/voice on CDMA? Hello...2010 called.
Galaxy S3 - RGB called, they said your PenTile needs clarity.
RAZR HD - Excessive lag dropped by to say hi.

If the HTC One had more storage and a larger battery...I'd be all over it. I'd deal with the poor camera and occasional scrolling stickiness.

I'd be more than happy to shell out $400 on contract for a PREMIUM handset. I genuinely feel HTC is the most likely to do so. Which is why I get so frustrated when they miss the mark.
Ya I get it, but we don't need to hear the same Apple comparisons every time there is a new phone. You threw all of Android under the bus in defense of Apple being the Lord of the phone universe. Many would call it fanboyism. You can call it what ever you want. I call it thread hijacking.

kemetblk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just put my DNA on the charger with 9% battery left, after being off charger for 22 hours. Juice Defender makes a big difference, but even before using it I was still getting 10-12 hours with heavy use and 13-16 hours with normal moderate use. Pretty far from "terrible".

I have used Android phones from HTC (Hero, Evo, Evo 3D) , Motorola (Droid, Photon, Razr) and Samsung (Moment, Transform, Epic, S2). HTC by far had the better build quality and software (IMO) so I'm really hoping the ONE is a big success. I love my DNA, but part of me wishes I would have held out for the ONE. That is an amazing looking phone!

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^Similar to my history, I have a serious soft spot for HTC. I had the Hero, Evo 4G, Photon, Evo LTE, RAZR MAXX now RAZR MAXX HD. I've dabbled with Samsungs but couldn't handle the dropped calls. I'd be curious to know your screen on time and voice call time over that 22 hours. ;)

kemetblk

May 17, 2010
Visit site
^Similar to my history, I have a serious soft spot for HTC. I had the Hero, Evo 4G, Photon, Evo LTE, RAZR MAXX now RAZR MAXX HD. I've dabbled with Samsungs but couldn't handle the dropped calls. I'd be curious to know your screen on time and voice call time over that 22 hours. ;)

I don't talk much so I never have much voice time. I do A LOT of websurfing and video watching though. Screen on time was 6 hours 54 mins, voice time was 21 mins.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Last I checked, android is killing apple. And Android has always been about choice, exactly why there are different flavors. I would like to see each manufacturer do an aosp device, but it won't outsell their preferred models. It's proven by sales comparisons now, the nexus devices aren't even in the ballpark with the top devices. And as long as Samsung, Sony, HTC and Motorola etc. Have their own spin on android that people want, it never will compete. Don't forget, these companies are the reason android is on top in the first place. Without them, Google would have had to become a manufacturer themselves.

Bad Seed Customs
Just Sick!
Android is not "killing" android and if it is it is probably because of the bad low end android phones.Apple is not doomed just stop saying Android is blowing away Apple.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol at the ignorance. Clearly you are too blinded to see an iphone 4 will smoke the crappy Android phones even at the low end. And last time I checked the iphone 5 is outselling the Samsung devices because its the superior product.
Bull the iPhone 4 lags with iOS 6 I know because I have one(the 4S and 5 don't though)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Yeah wait till the 5S then the 5 will be comparable to mid range phones because it has LTE and will be cheaper

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah wait till the 5S then the 5 will be comparable to mid range phones because it has LTE and will be cheaper

It does work both ways. That will be in the fall. The low and mid range of Android will also have moved. DNA for $99 on contract in the fall? Definitely, maybe even cheaper. Maybe the same with the One (though I hope not). The free phones will be the likes of the One X and SGSIII (the SGSII is free on contract now). So, as the bar keeps moving, and Apple stays in the same place (or marginally better), Android devices keep getting better and better at a much faster pace. Apple's two-year design cycle is starting to backfire.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It does work both ways. That will be in the fall. The low and mid range of Android will also have moved. DNA for $99 on contract in the fall? Definitely, maybe even cheaper. Maybe the same with the One (though I hope not). The free phones will be the likes of the One X and SGSIII (the SGSII is free on contract now). So, as the bar keeps moving, and Apple stays in the same place (or marginally better), Android devices keep getting better and better at a much faster pace. Apple's two-year design cycle is starting to backfire.
Agreed although I am still firmly an Apple fanboy by heart and sincerely hope they announce the iPhone 6 and blow away the competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52