HTC One: Speakerphone comes on automatically when placing a call after 4.4 update?

AMACturbo69

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
okay so this worked for me go into your setting go down to apps and swipe over until it says "all" type in "htc sense input" and click on it the click on where it says "clear data" this DOES NOT delete any of your personal information pictures etc! hope it works:)

This worked and fixed a host of other problems.
such as phone not charging correctly, always rotating screen even when turned off and constantly waking the screen.
thanks heaps.

Mohamed Bana

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
okay so this worked for me go into your setting go down to apps and swipe over until it says "all" type in "htc sense input" and click on it the click on where it says "clear data" this DOES NOT delete any of your personal information pictures etc! hope it works:)

guys this worked but u have to restart your mobile after this , it didn't work till i restarted it

Debbie Mignola

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm with him. I know all about software defects as I have my own software company and also work for a global software company in R&D. This defect is damaging my ears. About 1/4 of the time the speakerphone turns on in the middle of a call and it hurts my ear so bad that I exclaim, "OW!!" and it takes a while to recover, while the other person is still talking, to let them know what happened.

It's been happening for as long as I've had the HTC One, over a year and a half, but no fixes and I can't afford to replace it before my phone service company contract is ready for renewal.

It's so bad that there may be permanent damage to my hearing. That's not a "nuisance".

Matej Lakota

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
+1. i tried all the things said on this forum. Now i remove Facebook app and disable Chrome. now i will see if this problem still exist.

EDIT: Problem still exist, but i fund out when it occurs. When i connect the original HTC charger after a 10-20 seconds the screen turn on and if i want to take a call to a person my speaker go automatic on. If i unplug a charger then the call goes normaly.

I assuming that phone detect the wall charger like a Car dock becouse the CAR app is automatic lunched.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred