HTC One = Total Fail?

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
HTC is not samsung and samsung is not HTC.... and the best part...
They want to keep it that way.... why? ...may you ask. So the consumer can have different choices/ features/ gimmics/ overall loudness of fart noises/ etc.
So stop comparing. they are different on purpose!!!!

Totally agree, if all phones are the same then there would be no competition to learn from! im sure samsung will have better speakers on their s5, as HTC might pick up something from samsung for their next phones....now we all bash Apple but where would we all be if they hadn't started the race.....

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree, if all phones are the same then there would be no competition to learn from! im sure samsung will have better speakers on their s5, as HTC might pick up something from samsung for their next phones....now we all bash Apple but where would we all be if they hadn't started the race.....

Assuming HTC is still around for another cycle of flagship phones next year. I'd bet a dollar for a doughnut HTC will release a One + by the fall with more megapixels and a bigger battery.

toiletducky

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll either be getting the ONE or Nexus 5, if the screen is smaller. Waiting on sprint to kick me so I can avoid the early term fee.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I love the way there's an awful lot of people in this thread touting their own biased opinions as 'fact'. Go you.

At the end of the day, everyone is different and has different reuirements from a phone. Some love the HTC One, some love the Samsung. Get whichever floats your boat and stop this incessant genital waving...

I don't know what you're watching but thank the Lord I haven't seen this "genital waving".

Also, I personally enjoy the different opinions. Everyone has them, and it helps me see different angles to look at a topic. Personally, I would get the HTC One. But I have the S3 so I know i'll get a lot of what the S4 has to offer. That's the biggest reason.

dexion10

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One (coming out soon) will actually have a 5 mega-pixel camera because it is going to use a graphics processor to render the pictures and make them extra sharp. Blackberry Bold used to do something like this and it was amazing... better than any droid I've seen or had over the past 3 years... so don't go thinking the mega pixel count is the end all be all... IT WILL NOT BE.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I can picture the boardroom meeting where HTC execs are looking at spec comparisons, very concerned about 4mp vs 13mp cameras.

A marketing guru says to the others not to worry, he takes a pen and marks through the prefix "mega" next to the 4 and writes the word "ultra." Next he writes the words, "patented technology." There is confused silence around the boardroom followed by spontaneous uproarious applause. All fixed.

And people say Samsung is gimmicky.

That's genius.

sent from my Note 2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wow that's a lot of hate for a device you haven't touched. It's funny every argument you have is all based on 4mp. We all know mp means nothing. It may not pick up all the fine details of the Samsung device the battery and screen may also be smaller, shoot it's clocked lower on the gpu and cpu front but oh well some people would rather deal with its compromises than deal with touchwiz, guess what most of the features they listed are gimmicks at this point. Some would rather have metal over plastic Oh well. stop beating a dead horse it's getting kinda old. I want the HTC due to the though HTC put into it and the attention to detail in the phone and os. Is it the perfect phone no not even close but nor is the s4. So pick your poison and be happy you have the choice and your not told this is what you want.

Sent from my rooted sgs3

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I can picture the boardroom meeting where HTC execs are looking at spec comparisons, very concerned about 4mp vs 13mp cameras.

A marketing guru says to the others not to worry, he takes a pen and marks through the prefix "mega" next to the 4 and writes the word "ultra." Next he writes the words, "patented technology." There is confused silence around the boardroom followed by spontaneous uproarious applause. All fixed.

And people say Samsung is gimmicky.

That's genius.

sent from my Note 2

Gimmicky? It's a name, for the hardware.

People need to understand that this camera is not a standard 4mp camera. Even if the camera is not quite as good as the s4 (if) it's definitely not 2 thirds worse as the megapixels alone would suggest...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
what Kind of photos do you need to take??????
here is a chart to put it simply

Max Print Size Minimum MP Resolution
4 x 6″ - 2 megapixels 1600 x 1200
5 x 7″ - 3 megapixels 2048 x 1536
8 x1 0″ - 5 megapixels 2560 x 1920
11 x 14″ - 6 megapixels 2816 x 2112
16 x 20″ - 8 megapixels 3264 x 2468
16 x 24″ - 12 megapixels 4200?2800

so you need to take 18" x 24" photos? can you print me out a poster with your phone dude?????

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
No denial at all. Basic photography. One set of pictures is better than the other, and it isn't the ones the S4 took.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

However many MP's it has, review after review shows that the One's camera struggles when compared to LAST YEAR's flagships, let alone the S4 and upcoming iPhone.

That is a fail any way you slice it.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So because the camera isn't the best thing on earth and won't replace my point and shoot camera the entire phone is labeled as a failure. Wow is all I can say just wow

chronic illusionz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe with the ONE is they decided to go away with what separates android phones from iPhones = removable battery and the option to expand memory.

Now as far as the battery goes i know not a lot of people need to remove the battery but if a phone doesn't have excellent battery life (Razr Maxx) having the option to get a bigger battery is a plus. Expandable memory may not be needed by everybody but there are people that do want/need that extra space without wanting to pay an extra $100.

Don't get me wrong the phone is beautiful and i probably would have gotten one of it came for Verizon but it looks like that won't be happening.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So because the camera isn't the best thing on earth and won't replace my point and shoot camera the entire phone is labeled as a failure. Wow is all I can say just wow

uh no, I listed several reasons in the OP actually. Camera is just one. And hey, it's a nice phone don't get me wrong, I just call it a fail because HTC needed something to help it compete with the S4 and iPhone and my own personal prediction is that the One will fail by comparison.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The only failure I see is that HTC hasn't released the phone yet and I haven't seen a single add for the phone. I never expected this phone to sell or even come close to the sales of the s4. But I was hoping for them to release the phone before the Samsung hyper beast really took hold.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
what Kind of photos do you need to take??????
here is a chart to put it simply

Max Print Size Minimum MP Resolution
4 x 6″ - 2 megapixels 1600 x 1200
5 x 7″ - 3 megapixels 2048 x 1536
8 x1 0″ - 5 megapixels 2560 x 1920
11 x 14″ - 6 megapixels 2816 x 2112
16 x 20″ - 8 megapixels 3264 x 2468
16 x 24″ - 12 megapixels 4200?2800

so you need to take 18" x 24" photos? can you print me out a poster with your phone dude?????

Wow. These figures show the limitations of 4mp.

Thanks for posting.

sent from my Note 2

Last edited:

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
because the camera isn't the best thing on earth and won't replace my point and shoot camera the entire phone is labeled as a failure.

I agree. My S3 replaced my point and shoot. Now my phone is my camera, so it is on me at all times and everything automatically uploads to Dropbox.

I can't see going back to the old way of having two separate devices and having to plug it in to the computer and wait for it to upload.

sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene