HTC rep says no Gingerbread for Dinc. Do we believ TB will get it

shakinlaw#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC rep says no Gingerbread for Dinc. Do we believ TB will ge

Guys I had my heart all set on the Thunderbolt in February. One of the main reasons I opted to wait till June & get the EVO 3D was because I read an article (think technobuffalo) that at the time confirmed that the TB & a few of the other HTC devices out at the time would NOT be receiving Gingerbread. I remember this so clearly bc besides with the wait, HTC dual core devices right around the corner & Skype not being installed yet, my eyes immediately switched over to the 3vo after I read TB wouldnt be getting the update.

Jamin13

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Just be glad you have devs. You have reasons to not care for the update. The owners of Echo have had no devs from the start and now have no root with the Gingerbread update. IMO, we never gonna get any devs for anything.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, as an update, an HTC rep emailed another customer in response 2 days after the original story broke and said that the Droid Incredible is still in line for GB although the rep said they don't have a timetable for release.

As far as the Thunderbolt, I think it is stupid to think that Verizon or HTC wouldn't support the phone that Big Red spent tens of millions of dollars in advertising and brand awareness on, not to mention that it's the phone chosen by Verizon to christen the 4G LTE voyage for the company. Google had already stated a commitment to a minimum of 18 months of firmware support for most new phones. And also, it is going to take time to cook the update and add the inevitable bloatware and make sure it works with little to no pain.

So I wouldn't worry too much. It's just a matter of WHEN, not IF.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I my real thought is they are tired of us clammering for the updates so they are telling us that it has been canceled or delayed until who knows what, and then we let up a little, and bam, GB update hits... make sense....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya