Huawei P10 - EMUI 9.0.1 / Camera App bug update & Instagram stories frames drop

matei09

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys, I'm from Romania and I just received EMUI 9.0.1 (Android 9 -Pie). Well after this update, the Camera UI from Huawei has changed from the old interface to the newest version, which is available on most 2018-2019 models.

1st problem
After the update, one of the most important feature from VIDEO menu which is Stabilization, has dissapeared and this is so wrong. As all of you know, the Huawei P10 has optical stabilization in camera (OIS) for photo and video. I can't shoot video anymore, because I think it's a bug in my software. Has anyone have the same problem? ( for details, enter in camera app from Huawei, go to Video and top right click on settings, you will see that you don't have anymore the stabilisation ON/OFF like in the past). And yes, P10 has stabilisation for video in FHD 1080p format at 30fps, not for 4k or FHD at 60fps. Can someone confirm that I am not the only one with this problem? A basic video for instagram like stories can't be filmed handheld because of that. It's so shaky...:(

2nd problem
The second problem is that after the update, the stories from Instagram with video content have a massive lag and frames are dropping all the time.

rece fice

Apr 14, 2019
Visit site
I have the same problems. And on top of that i have another, more annoying one, which is the phone automatically switching between apps meanwhile i writing. Or it simply just quits. My phone is completely useless since this update.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I used to have a Huawei phone and I have to say that when it comes to software updates, Huawei isn’t as good as many other Android companies (even Samsung!) when it comes to software updates and fixing bugs.

You could try powering the phone off then on. If that doesn’t work then you could try looking at the Huawei settings app (and individual app settings) to see if things have been changed or reset to default.

Hope that helps!