I am done with curved screens

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Done. I can't find a perfect case for this phone, nor a perfect screen protector. I am just frustrated. It probably means I will have to forego the Note line but... Hauwei made an almost perfect phone now. Mate 10 pro. The display is a disgrace but I believe they will learn from it. Here is hoping for a better phone future.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Done. I can't find a perfect case for this phone, nor a perfect screen protector. I am just frustrated. It probably means I will have to forego the Note line but... Hauwei made an almost perfect phone now. Mate 10 pro. The display is a disgrace but I believe they will learn from it. Here is hoping for a better phone future.
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. I'll admit I was not thrilled when Samsung unveiled that the Note 8 world be the curved infinity screen. But I have adjusted and like it now. My favorite part is i can see the edge lighting Notification when faced down. I have a liquid glass screen protector on it. I use the Rineke tpu clear case because it was the only one I could find at the time with a lanyard holes. I try very hard to be careful with my phone. But it has dropped. Not far heights though (thank God) and it's survived so far.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The curved screens are overrated in my opinion, I'd rather have a flat screen, but I have 3 different kinds of cases and 3 different kinds of screen protectors.
None of my cases nor screen protectors cost more than $20 individually.
I'm only on my 2nd screen protector since September and that is due to changing cases.

Last edited:

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Easy fix just don't use a screen protector. You should have insurance for a 1k phone. Good luck finding the perfect case for a non mainstream device. What kind of case are you looking for one made out of baby panda?

Just effin one that offers real curved screen side protection and doesn't look like you need a gun licence for it. There isn't a good enough one.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Not fussed on these curved screens either, my fingers overlap when I'm lying down (thus need better grip) and annoy the crap out me... Might try the active line in future they have flat screens with bevels I believe...

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Not sure why this case is so often overlooked. I'm always beating the drum on this case. It's a great value now, in CA dollars no less. Simply the best case made for the Note IMO. I've had mine for a few months now and it feels great in the hand, not thick, and made by Samsung specifically for this phone. Why waste your time and money on all the others?

It's also a kickstand case and the kickstand retracts back into the form of the case with a solid spring feel. You wouldn't know it's there unless someone told you.

Protective Standing Cover (Galaxy Note8) | EF-RN950CBEGCA | Samsung CA

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why this case is so often overlooked. I'm always beating the drum on this case. It's a great value now, in CA dollars no less. Simply the best case made for the Note IMO. I've had mine for a few months now and it feels great in the hand, not thick, and made by Samsung specifically for this phone. Why waste your time and money on all the others?

It's also a kickstand case and the kickstand retracts back into the form of the case with a solid spring feel. You wouldn't know it's there unless someone told you.

Protective Standing Cover (Galaxy Note8) | EF-RN950CBEGCA | Samsung CA

Some people (like me) prefer vertical kickstands, or at least a kickstand in the middle of the case that can assist when using the device one handed.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I know it makes the phone look good... But it's use is very limited. I have to agree all the glass screens are more reflective and way worse re fingerprints. The wet installs leave marks via the pen.. I too would prefer a flat screen

rsgoldens

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I’m with you. Had a decent glass screen protector on for a while, but it came off. Then I went without for two days and had micro scratches. I like my screen to stay nice, scratches annoy me but I also don’t like the non glass protectors. I just sold the phone. Might come back when the curves go away. Did the same thing with the S8+.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I knew I wouldn't like the curved screen but wanted to stay with the note line. as I suspected, it's more of a pita for me than anything else. waste of real estate.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I dont use screen protectors but I agree about cases. There are no cases that will truly protect the screen. There are several that have a lip that protects the top and bottom edges but they all swoop down on the sides to reveal the stupid infinity crap. I've said this a million times already but the edges are unnecessary impact points. Also they make using the s-pen near the edges harder to control. Additionally, the curve allows for accidental screen touches. I get it and for the S8 sure, why not but on a line like the note which is supposed to be a workhorse and not a showpiece function over form matters. It should have been a wider, flat screen. not a tall, narrow curved screen. With the curve using the S-Pen you actually lose screen real estate. it's stupid.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't like curved screens and prefer flat screen as well but I haven't used screen protectors on any of my devices for years now and couldn't be more happier. I just love the feel of the glass without any additional layers on the screen.
As far as for case I don't understand, there are many cases for the note 8 with raised lips and good protection. Not sure what kind of case are you looking for.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards