I am getting incoming text notifications even when the text conversation is open.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Huawei P30pro. This just started about a week ago and I can't figure out how to make it stop without turning off text notifications entirely.
When this first started, things seemed to have turned backwards. I wasn't getting text notifications UNLESS I had that person's conversation open on my phone. I don't know why this happened, but I did figure out how to get my text notifications back. I have not, however, figured out how to stop my phone from sending me a text alert noise while I am actively watching a text come in. I have never had a phone do this, and this phone did not do this until a week ago.
It's weird and I don't like it, please help me. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's funny -- most people that post about this issue want the messaging app to still give a notification even when the app is open to that conversation.

As long as you don't have important messages that you're saving, go to Settings>Apps, select the messaging app, and clear its cache and data. Now see if the setting has reset to the old way.