I cannot take a picture that isn't blurry.

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to take like 12 pictures to get a picture that isn't blurry. Even at that stage I am not happy with it. Everything else on the phone is amazing but am I the only wondering why and 8 megapixel camera is blurry?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Megapixel has nothing to due with the image, I believe the it is only useful for enlarging pics. It's the lens quality and sensor that is important. Try to restore default settings to see if it imposes,if it does not you might have a bad camera.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to take like 12 pictures to get a picture that isn't blurry. Even at that stage I am not happy with it. Everything else on the phone is amazing but am I the only wondering why and 8 megapixel camera is blurry?

With these cameras...LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT is the most important thing, and a steady hand. If there is anything moving...probably going to be blurry. Make sure auto focus is on, or make sure you touch where you want the focus to...well...focus! If non of that helps...might be worth a trip back to where you got it and show them.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
In my recent search for a digital slr, I came across something that should have been obvious, but I'd never really thought about: no matter how good they claim to be, phone cameras simply aren't any good for serious pictures. For quick pics to share on a phone or convey something you've seen, sure; but to trust your precious memories to? No way. Even compact cameras are mostly good for just snapshots.
The Evo's camera seems to be par for the course. Unless your subject is very still, and you have good lighting, good luck getting a crisp image. On the recommendation of another forum member, I purchased Vignette. It takes much nicer pics than the stock camera app, but again, it's still installed on a phone and thus has its limitations.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Turn off auto-focus and tap the screen to capture the focal point. Relying on the Evo's auto-focus will result in blurry pictures.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The regular camera app takes pictures but compresses them heavily.
Try another camera app like vignette.

riste601

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but did you take off the protective film off the camera lens? After I got mine, the first couple photos I took were blurry until I took the back off and took the film off. After I did that, everything was peachy!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And have you cleaned the camera lens? A fingerprint on there will make it nearly impossible to get a good picture.

And follow Cobravision's advice.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Jodymcl,
What model do u own 002 or 003. I had the 2 model and had the same problem u are having. Recently I received the 003 and what a huge difference. Picture are crisp and clear. I took a pic with the 003
Then transferred that pic to the 002. I would zoom in on a object and the object was crisp on the 3 but blurry on the second.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jodymcl

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok,

So I have played around with the camer and taken everyone's advice. I am not sure what model I have 002 or 003, where is that info on the phone?

If there is any kind of motion (background, or me breathing) it is blurry. Also the white in the photos are very hot, meaning alot of things show white. I have cleaned the lens and turned off autofocus.

The only time i get a good picture is when I am indoors with no lights on during the day.

I am sure I can exchange the phone, but just was wondering if it was a piece of junk. Other than that the phone is absolutely amazing.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There is a sticky at the top of this forum for pictures taken with the EVO. It takes decent pics but of course is no replacement for a dedicated SLR camera. If you're having that much trouble with blurriness you're probably doing something wrong or something is wrong with the phone.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Set the ISO speed higher if you're moving around a lot, or there's a lot of motion. The phone will set the auto ISO rather low in order to compensate for its small censor.

That said, the only other thing you can do is be very still. These are not DSLRs, you will not get the same quality.

hmjd

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My hands are a little shaky. Sometimes I get a GREAT picture, but alas it usually takes a few tries. I wish there was an update to take into account my shakiness the way some actual cameras do. I'm guessing this is a software thing - but I'm ignorant and perhaps it's built into the hardware. Anyone know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmojetz