I did first system update on my galaxy s8 and now it wont boot.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've factory reset/wiped cache, launched in safe mode, download mode. Called samsung their fix is me go pay to get it fixed. I've used it for a solid 30mins and now its bricked brand new..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official update pushed to your phone over-the-air, or did you update it some other way? Did you get the phone from a carrier, or unlocked from somewhere else?

Fix my s8 plz

Nov 25, 2018
Visit site
it was an official update, its an unlock phone with att. i get it to work for a few hours by wiping cache / rebooting multiple times but takes an hours about to return phone just dont want to deal with wait of shipping there and back

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the seller might have flashed a different firmware on the phone to make it compatible with AT&T? If the phone is updating with a firmware that's not intended for the exact variant, there's always a chance that something won't work right. It's probably impossible to check right now, but one way to determine this is to see if the model number in the Settings>About Phone menu (or embedded in the firmware designation) differs slightly from the model number on the box.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo