I have hand problems and am looking for aphone that would work for me

A

AC Question

Due to hand problems I haven't bought a smartphone, but I'm wondering if there are any available now that might work for me (ideally using the VERIZON network, which my whole family uses). Here are the things that would be important:
-- No home button to press. For example, I tried an iphone 5s and found that the pressure needed to press the home button hurt my finger. (Or if the button were very easy to press, maybe that would be OK.) If unlocking the phone would require significant pressure, that would be a problem as well.
-- Fairly lightweight. I'm not sure about screen size, but I'm guessing that smaller would be better. (Then again, when I tried the iphone 5s, I found that fat-finger syndrome was causing my Ns to come out as Ms).
-- Decent sound quality. A review of the Nexus 5X seemed to describe a phone that might work for me except for horrible sound quality (any opinions from Nexus 5X users would of course be appreciated).
-- I expect that I would primarily use the phone for gmail, web browsing, and phone calls. Fast processing speed and a high-quality camera are not important.

Thanks for any input!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums! Waking up your phone is one action that you have to repeat on and on all the time so maybe you should consider a phone that doesn't need the power button to do it. I can think of two different options.

LG Knock on code. A double tap on your screen can wake your phone up and you can get into your lock screen with no need to press any physical button.

Moto Display. This is my favorite. Pick up your phone and you can see your notifications, interact with them and decide what to do next with just just swiping up, down, right or left on your screen. With this feature I barely need to press the power button anymore.

Check with Verizon which LG or Motorola phones you can get on contract, but I think these two brands could be your best option.

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com
Tasker app with special profile to unlock screen by gesture, proximity sensor or movement. Maybe even voice command but I'm not sure is this possible, didn't tried it

For Home Button I would sugesst Pie Control

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez