I just bought one. Ships tomorrow..

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'm always a "charge it first" kind of guy, and waited for 3 hours for it to get to 100% before I finally turned mine on to play with it. I was up really late that night, but it was worth it. It's a really cool device with too many features to get through in just one night.

Man, you guys are torturing yourselves needlessly. Both of mine came out of the box with about 60% charge. I just started using it until it got down in the 10 - 15% range, then gave it its first full charge. Even starting at 60%, it will last a day or two of that new-device-use-it-constantly kind of use.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Man, you guys are torturing yourselves needlessly. Both of mine came out of the box with about 60% charge. I just started using it until it got down in the 10 - 15% range, then gave it its first full charge. Even starting at 60%, it will last a day or two of that new-device-use-it-constantly kind of use.

I'm not superstitious, but it's more of that type of battery life phobia than anything. It gives me inner peace to charge it to 100% first. I don't know why.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not superstitious, but it's more of that type of battery life phobia than anything. It gives me inner peace to charge it to 100% first. I don't know why.

Good for you! Of course, I knew nothing about doing that when I first got the note 10.1. Once the manual was posted a week or so later, I read that I should have done that. I just read something today about it recalibrating the battery. They also recommended that after you do all the fun stuff you want for the initial fun day, you charge it to 100 percent again. They said to let it drain about every three months and then do a full charge, something about extending battery life. I didn't bookmark the site but I found it by doing a search with "tablet life span" and the site was some kind of work shop if anyone wants to go look for the full article. I want my 10.1 one to last a very long time! I'm new at worrying about this stuff so maybe this is 'old hat' to everyone else.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's here, finally. My wife had actually come home early and retrieved my Note 10.1 from our front doorstep. In a short while, I will try to film a video and post it on my YouTube channel in the next day or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001