Iconia MicroSD

akramy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought an Iconia A500 32GB from Costco (thanks for the recommendations). Out of the box worked flawlessly. Last week I bought a 32GB Sandisk MicroSD card and popped it in. My tablet wouldn't pick it up. I go settings>storage and nothing there. Anybody came across this problem before?

Thanks for the help.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, that worked.

Curious, which method worked for you? I will be getting a card sometime next week myself and just trying to be prepared... Been using my tablet since it came out at BB and I rarely use my laptop (except for netflix...). Waiting for the OTA 3.1 update.... :D

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My Iconia has worked flawlessly out of the box since day one. I mounted a 16gb microsd card without any problems, though I did reboot the iconia before looking for the card, but that just an automatic response after so many years on windows, install someting new - then reboot.
The external usb drive does not need booting before using it, works just fine but it seems as though a lot of people are having problems finding the micro sd without a reboot first.
Android doesn't require a reboot when you install new apps so we get out of the pc habit of having to restart whenever we install something new.
So if mounting a new microsd card, try a reboot before looking for the card.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I think maybe I am in the same situation or am I????
I put in a formatted SD card. In settings/Storage/External SD card it shoes 7.49GB.
When I cable the tablet to my Laptop, click open device to view files, all it shows is Device storage. No secondary storage at all.
Also, when I try to USE Apps2sd to move apps, it would appear it doesn't see the SD card.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Try the reboot method for the sd card & see if that works, or you could try Fumetsu's suggestion above, he IS the man with ALL of the answers. :)
Did you download the Acer usb update for your laptop from the acer homepage?
I didn't download the update on my laptop as my laptop is seriously low on available space and the HD is failing..time for a new machine..so I cant offer any assistance on the acer update apart from suggesting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia