[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bestbuy Mobile Lets me Keep Unlimited Data?

I am going to use my upgrade to get my fiance a new phone. I don't plan on activating it on my plan. Will I be able to keep the UDP if I never attach it to my account?

NW05gtoWA

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price

How long after you guys ordered your phone from Best Buy did it ship? I got the email saying they got my order but nothing about it being picked or shipped.

If you havent gotten a "problem" email within 2 hours, you should be ok. your next email will be saying that it has shipped and for me that took about 24 hours.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon: How to keep Unlimited Data and get phone on subsidized price

It's still not saving the upgrade transfer... everytime I try BB it says 7/5 still.

I could be wrong but I don't think it's possible. You would have to do it on bb site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NW05gtoWA

May 30, 2014
Visit site

It's still not saving the upgrade transfer... everytime I try BB it says 7/5 still.

When you transferred the upgrade to line 1 on VZW and you when you went back to VZW after BB said that your upgrade date didn't change did VZW still show the upgrade transferred to line 1?

If the transfer is not saying to line 1 you might have to call VZW and have them do it, then go the BB and buy your new phone.

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

How long after you guys ordered your phone from Best Buy did it ship? I got the email saying they got my order but nothing about it being picked or shipped.

I ordered my new M8 thru the HTC site and got the $100 off the M8, and while I never got any email, from BB or HTC, the phone was delivered the next day with no shipping charge at all.

Took the Micro sim from my current droid razr, used the cutter from Amazon, plugged it in and voila...came up..said sim was already activated, recognize my phone number, and life has been good...

I've checked the Verizon site a few times since then, and the UDP is stil intact with the contract date ending 2016...2-years out..

Very nice!!!

Thanks to all on this thread...sharing information like this is awesome for everyone!

exarkun

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Did anyone that ordered through the HTC M8 site get their $100 BB gift card?

excelsisba

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

When you transferred the upgrade to line 1 on VZW and you when you went back to VZW after BB said that your upgrade date didn't change did VZW still show the upgrade transferred to line 1?

If the transfer is not saying to line 1 you might have to call VZW and have them do it, then go the BB and buy your new phone.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to do that. The VZW site isn't saving either when I log out and back in.

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

I would like to use the upgrade service to get a new phone for my Fiancé. I don't want to lose UDP on my current phone. Any suggestions? What site should I use to get the phone? Can this be done? I don't plan on activating the new phone on my current plan, just give it to her to activate on her own plan.

Thoughts?
Any help here would be great. I need to order the phone soon.

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Hope this lasts until the G3 comes out. Had to buy my S4 off contract. Don't want to do that again :)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't think the Verizon site will ever save it past you current session. It never has for me.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

NW05gtoWA

May 30, 2014
Visit site

Any help here would be great. I need to order the phone soon.

You should be able to just order the phone BB or the HTC site just like everyone else then when the phone shows up just take out the new sim card that came with the phone and toss it, then you can give it to your fiance.

ItsRob

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Is this method still working?

Line 1: Unlimited Data - HTC Rezound(Upgradable)
Line 2: Limited Data - Razr M(Upgradable)

If I just upgrade to the Galaxy S5 on Line 2 with a subsidized price through Verizon's website and activate it on Line 1, I will still have unlimited data, right? Can people affirm that this method still works and let me know how long it's been working for them? Also, Line 1's HTC Rezound has a SIM Card as oppose to the Galaxy S5's Micro-SIM, how do I sort that out without losing Unlimited Data? Thanks guys.

mistaw35

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Would it be a problem if I price matched the htc m8 from verizon for $99 with best buy over the phone so that I can get the $50 gift card? I was trying to do it through the htc website but they wanted to do a credit check all over again and best buy just wants the account info and pin.

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Brilliant folks! Just ordered upgraded an S5 from an S3. I originally did the store pick-up option, wen there and asked if I could take it home and activate it myself. He was about to let me until his manager overheard him and said that I couldn't leave without activating and I told them both why I was doing this. The manager promised me no matter what tricks I try it won't work, so i cancelled the order, went home and ordered again and had it sent to my house. Just got it and switched SIMs, powered u and it worked like a charm or so I think. Where are y'all looking at to see where it tells you that your contract is extended and you still have UDP? thanks

jglazer63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

If you log into verizon's web site you can see your usage. The meter for data should say "unlimited".....that's one way I know of.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Just to let you know. I received my new phone in the mail today and was able to update the phone to my UDP Line with no changes. I did not have to disassociate the SIM that came with the new phone (Though when it was being shipped I noticed they did ship it with a new SIM card). But I used the online chat on Verizon and the representative was very helpful and was able to activate the new phone, no hassle and no questions asked, basically. Seemed like the plan went flawlessly and hopefully within the new week or so the pending activation will fall off.

OK everything went as planned. It was easy to switch/activate with a new SIM through the website. I checked my account today and still have unlimited data. Thanks all! Please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer.

Big thanks to dss2000.

Is this method still working?

Line 1: Unlimited Data - HTC Rezound(Upgradable)
Line 2: Limited Data - Razr M(Upgradable)

If I just upgrade to the Galaxy S5 on Line 2 with a subsidized price through Verizon's website and activate it on Line 1, I will still have unlimited data, right? Can people affirm that this method still works and let me know how long it's been working for them? Also, Line 1's HTC Rezound has a SIM Card as oppose to the Galaxy S5's Micro-SIM, how do I sort that out without losing Unlimited Data? Thanks guys.

See reply's above. Still works as recently as 11 days ago and haven't heard that anything has changed.

So in your situation, do as you plan, order the phone on Line 2 and then activate it on Line 1 when you receive it. You should be able to use the SIM that came with the phone as from recent posts it does not appear that the ones ordered through Verizon are associated with an account when they come. Just go through the online activation process, it will ask you the number on the SIM and the MEID of the phone and then activate it on Line 1. For the Best Buy method they say not to use the SIM that comes with the phone but in this situation ordering from Verizon there shouldn't be a problem.

mistaw35

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Would it be a problem if I price matched the htc m8 from verizon for $99 with best buy over the phone so that I can get the $50 gift card? I was trying to do it through the htc website but they wanted to do a credit check all over again and best buy just wants the account info and pin.

Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds