[Instruction] How to get a new phone and keep (legacy) Unlimited Data on Verizon

pawnage69

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Instruction] How to Keep Unlimited Data on Verizon

Verizon is upping the price of Unlimited Data to grandfathered customers from $29.99 to $49.99, but to those who are still under contract are unaffected, this starts Nov 15th....so get under a contract now!!!

Posted via the Android Central App on N6

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

i just read that verizon forces any subsidized line to commit to the two years of data which means they closed that loophole. anyone hear differently?
That was done about a year ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VerizonRat

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know I've pointed some Verizon people to this thread who can work on closing these loopholes. Might want to work on making this thread private or something....oh wait, I already copied the text and took screenshots.

Sorry, but I'm a shareholder, which means I own a very small part of the company, and I can't have you all getting phones at subsidized pricing without switching your plan like virtually everyone else by taking advantage of loopholes to then brag about how much data you use. If it was your business, you wouldn't stand for it either.

Good luck. God speed.

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know I've pointed some Verizon people to this thread who can work on closing these loopholes. Might want to work on making this thread private or something....oh wait, I already copied the text and took screenshots.

Sorry, but I'm a shareholder, which means I own a very small part of the company, and I can't have you all getting phones at subsidized pricing without switching your plan like virtually everyone else by taking advantage of loopholes to then brag about how much data you use. If it was your business, you wouldn't stand for it either.

Good luck. God speed.
You do what you got to do... We do what we got to do.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

michaelcd

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Hi i'm new here. I just found out about verizon charging 59.99 for unlimited.
How can I get on contract without losing the unlimited?
Here's the type of plan that I have

NW 1400
L1 Iphone 6s Unlimited- month to month
L2 Iphone 6s Unlimited- month to month
L3 Iphone 6s 2GB- under contract
L4 iphone 6s 2gb- under contract
L5 iphone 6 2gb- under contract

If I transfer the upgrade from L1 to L5 can I still keep the UDP and get on a 2yrs contract?

Thanks

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

Upgrade both lines using bestbuy method.. By the way unlimited is going from 29.99 to 49.99.

I have a 20 dollars discount on my data plan since late 2010. So my data is going from 9.99 to 29.99

jgemberton

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok, so here's my situation...
2 lines UDP, both upgrade eligible. I want to keep unlimited data on both. Wife just bought an iPhone 6S on the Apple upgrade plan and I have an LG G3 I paid full for. Neither one of us really want to buy a new phone - its the UDP we want to keep without the additional $20 per line increase coming up.

If I go to BestBuy online and purchase 2 x Droid Turbos for a buck each, throw away the new sims when they arrive, and activate the new phones using the old sim cards then I'm only out $2, right? I should then have new 2 year contracts with UDP intact. I can then put the sims back into the original phones and sell the 2 Droid Turbos. Or... do the Turbos have to stay tied to my account for 2 years.

Anyone???

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Hey everybody,

Good luck. God speed.
Considering that less than 1 percent of Verizon subscribers are unlimited... Sounds like you have a case of envy or corporate greed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Hey everybody,

Good luck. God speed.

You seriously think Verizon doesn't already know this is happening? You think they are that stupid? Come on if you really thought they were that stupid I don't think you would own any part of the business. In fact of you was a share holder I don't think you would even write what you did. So whatever, pat yourself on your back, feel good about yourself, and we will do the same.

michaelcd

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Upgrade both lines using bestbuy method.. By the way unlimited is going from 29.99 to 49.99.

I have a 20 dollars discount on my data plan since late 2010. So my data is going from 9.99 to 29.99

If I transfer the upgrade on the VZ website will also allow me to keep the upgrade, right?

Edit: and keep the $29.99 price for 2 more years

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Finally back for more advice, it’s been a long while. I’ve lurked the entire time but had no reason to follow up until Verizon decided to charge us more, ugghhh.

First, transferring on Best Buy doesn’t seem to work or the directions I found here aren’t working as described. Can someone confirm transferring does actually work and if so please walk me thru it.

Second, as I did about two years ago on Best Buy when upgrading one of my unlimited lines (only two UDP lines on my account), I did the steps as follows: ordered the phone on one of my UDP lines; removed the sim card and inserted the sim from my other UDP line, done, and the line I ordered the phone on got the two year contract extension. Has anyone does this process recently?

Ultimately I need to try and get my UDP on a new 2 year contract. Can I upgrade my line, have it delivered, remove the sim, and either place my current sim in or would I need to activate the phone on my other UDP line with that sim card (for some reason)? Thanks in advance and forgive me for a repeating questions, hey I'm an OG cut me some slack. Plus I've helped a lot of people back in the early stages of this thread. ; )

boxermansr

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

So, I'm debating giving this a shot, since it seems this increase in data package is coming. Question however is (and I'm sure it'd just be speculation right now, until Verizon makes if official) is - are those who are in a 2 year agreement exempt from this increase (again any answers would likely be based on a guess, but figured I'd see what everyone's opinion was on that).

Second, aside from Best Buy, are there any other options to use this upgrade method -- meaning I don't presume I can walk into a VAR and tell them I want to upgrade but not to give me a new SIM, etc. -- if Best Buy is the only way and its still working, it's probably the method I'll use, and just get a few cheaper phones to renew the 2 lines that I have OOC.

Anyhow, just wanted to see if there are any options other than BBY to do this, and what everyone thinks will be the case as far as if folks still in contract will be exempt, or otherwise.

Thanks.

NBAJ2K

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

If you already have a phone and don't have an upgrade available, I'd there anyway just to extend a Verizon contract? Mine is ending the end of this year (swapped an upgrade with another line on the plan).

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Question: Verizon appears to be offering poisoned fruit in the form of their latest price hike: go off contract with your unlimited data plan, pay the extra $20 and you can upgrade using Verizon's monthly payment plan. Besides, us paying the extra twenty dollars. What's the bad thing about being month to month with our unlimited data plan?

Drucifer007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I've been searching for an answer to my questions for a while before I decided to just post and ask. I just got married two weeks ago and my wife and I are planning on consolidating our phone plans. I've been off contract on a single line UDP for several years now. Is there any way where I can keep my UDP and add my wife's line to my plan? And is there an option to get new phones without buying them outright?

tonestert

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I've been searching for an answer to my questions for a while before I decided to just post and ask. I just got married two weeks ago and my wife and I are planning on consolidating our phone plans. I've been off contract on a single line UDP for several years now. Is there any way where I can keep my UDP and add my wife's line to my plan? And is there an option to get new phones without buying them outright?

I just posted a similar question on Slick Deals and got this answer:

Yes, call Verizon telesales BEFORE you do the best buy method. They can do it for you. But her line will only be a TDP line, no more UDP lines. She can have 2GB for $30.

They will have to convert you to a 700 or more minute Nationwide Talk family share plan or you can do a NW family shareTalk and Text plan for $30 more so you both can have unlimited texts. Or if you don't need that, you can each have 1000 texts for $10.

However, what I would do is have her get a subsidized phone when you open the line for her so that her TDP line is on contract. Then you can do the 4ever method with your line's upgrade. If you don't need 2 new phones, you can sell one of them.

Drucifer007

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the info. The only issue I have with that is it sounds like we'll still be paying about the same as we do now if not more. She has a hard time staying under the 2GB limit and I rarely go over 3GB on my UDP. It might be best for us to move on to one of the new shared plans. And if that's the case I'm wondering if we should stay with Verizon. Half of the time around my area I lose connection, especially indoors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha