Is a used Exynos S20 a good buy?

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
So the time has come and I will soon be replacing the Galaxy A6+ I use outside of the US since it's just too weak to be a daily driver (especially the GPU) and worst off all can't do 64-bit virtualization for unknown reasons. So I was just casually thinking about getting a used S20 (second choice being the S10 or S10e) since I kinda need to save money in the phone department as I'm already gonna be spending quite a bit on replacing my less than reliable laptop. Is a used S20 a good pick? I know Exynos will probably thermal throttle a bit more than the Snapdragon in my S8 which kinda worries me since I treat my phone like a pocket sized desktop PC in terms of the way I use it.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say that you use it outside of the US, you mean your home area is outside of the US? I'll assume that is what you mean to so I can get to my feelings and give you my answer.

Well my reply is that if you're at all considering an S10, vs the S20, I would go with the S10 all day. I saw reviews say that the S20 was barely a step up form the S10 and this and that but when I needed a new device I decided to go with it anyway. It was not a good experience for me and in every way I can remember the S10 was a better device.

Do what feels right to you. I say check out some video reviews, written reviews and comparisons if you want more information. Obviously the specs of the S20 are higher than the S10 but this is one time where the specs are just numbers and hands on to hands on the S10 is better.

IMHO

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
When you say that you use it outside of the US, you mean your home area is outside of the US? I'll assume that is what you mean to so I can get to my feelings and give you my answer.

Well my reply is that if you're at all considering an S10, vs the S20, I would go with the S10 all day. I saw reviews say that the S20 was barely a step up form the S10 and this and that but when I needed a new device I decided to go with it anyway. It was not a good experience for me and in every way I can remember the S10 was a better device.

Do what feels right to you. I say check out some video reviews, written reviews and comparisons if you want more information. Obviously the specs of the S20 are higher than the S10 but this is one time where the specs are just numbers and hands on to hands on the S10 is better.

IMHO
Thanks for the input. And yeah I spend time both in the US and in Europe so I have two phones, one for each region. The main thing pulling me toward the S20 would be the faster 25W charging and more updates compared to the S10.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. And yeah I spend time both in the US and in Europe so I have two phones, one for each region. The main thing pulling me toward the S20 would be the faster 25W charging and more updates compared to the S10.

Samsung with the introduction of the S10, if I'm not mistaken, has extended updates to 3 OS updates, which I'll assume means a minimum of 3 years of security updates. Now granted the S10 has received 2 OS updates already but there's still room to grow and it is a really good device. As for charging at 15w the S10 charged in about 1.5 hours from 10 to 15% which is only about a half hour more than my charging time on the S21. The reality of charging time though comes down to how often one really needs that faster charge up. I mean if you're like me and charge while driving or have opportunities to charge while you're out speed charging is kind of moot point. Again JIMO.

I feel like I'm really trying to talk you out of it and I guess in a way I am, but you asked for opinions. LOL. So I won't say much more other than out of the box I really liked the S10 and the S21 for that matter but the S20 was one of only couple phones that I really hated, and almost from day one.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord