It's been around a week, how would you rate your Pixel 6 overall?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 6 pro - 85ish - returned
The software was nice an fast never really experienced some of the pixel only features. The screen was just beautiful. Really wanted to use the hold for me feature. Requires your ringer to be on. Which defeats having a watch that let's you know when some one is calling.

Never got the non trigger word commands for alarm to actually work. Camera was good, I did notice that some shots were incredible yet others were plain garbage. No premium audio experience. It is a big heavy phone I found uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time.

While I can appreciate those who go for that pixel experience. In the end it's just not the right fit for me. If you want that pixel experience then I recommend you get the 6 or 6 pro. Although I don't know if I feel the pro is worth the extra money.

S21 5g - 95-100
Samsung just does a lot right and way better than pixel for my use. Adapt sound makes a huge difference, I have some hearing issues with my left ear in the higher range. Yes dolby atmos makes a difference for audio output. I love the secure folder for work apps and accounts.

The edge screen helps me keep a nice clean home screen. I prefer samsung messages, it's the only one that has RCS outside of Google. You can organize conversations based on groups and can pin your important conversations. I actually really like the samsung keyboard over Gboard.

I really like the fluid experience of one ui. Reminds me of the clean feel you get with an iPhone. Bixby routines are really nice, not as in depth as say tasker. For simple tasks they work amazing. Setting my phone to stay unlocked when connected to my home wifi.

The 6.2 screen size is pretty much perfect, I didn't actually mind the curved screen on the 6 pro. Good lock is one of the most useful apps that just makes the one ui experience better. It's the reason why I don't use nova on the s21.
It's hard to not love Samsung especially if you're a tinkerer like myself. I love to customize my phone on a regular basis so One UI allows me to do that. I opted for the S21 Ultra because my aging eyes appreciate the bigger screen. I had the iPhone 12 Pro previously and it was a bit too small for me at 5.8". The ultra and 6 pro are almost the same size. Having a larger phone definitely takes some getting used to if that's what you need or want. Some people can't and that's fine.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the phone since Sunday, but really happy with the Pixel 6 so far. I'd give it a 95.

The FPS I would say isn't on the level of my S21 ultra, but not far off. Some comments on this forum really had me worried about it. Worried to the point that I feel it won't work when I try it, then it does. I've had issues with the earlier in screen FPS on Samsung phones so I'm a little paranoid about the technology.

I've had a few app closes, not sure I'd call them crashes; but maybe that's what's going on.

Phone calls have been good, and the battery is really good.

My only con is the button placement. I wish the power button was on the bottom, like my S21 Ultra. Previous Nexus phones had the buttons that way, not sure why they went away from that.
You could get around the finger print issues by enabling smart lock when connected to certain Bluetooth devices or when you're at home. I do this with my S21 Ultra because it's not perfect either. So this is my way of bypassing the fps for most of the day.

SteveC

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
If memory serves, I got this on Oct 30 when the local Verizon store got their initial shipment. This is by far the best phone I have ever used. I hesitate to give it a number ranking just now, but it would be north of 90. The thing is it keeps getting better with use. I had some of the FPS issues that we hear about out of the box, but now it is a non issue. Most other regular use features seem to be improving with use as well. I think the ML and AI features of this phone need time to settle in and figure the user out at least as much as the user needs to figure the phone out. Mostly we knew a lot more about the phone when we opened the box than the phone knew about us. It needs time to figure its user out.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I previously gave it a 90, it's really more like an 80. The potential is great but some things are really inexcusable. The fingerprint sensor is absolutely terrible and the phone runs hot in normal usage. I just opened the camera and it gave me a device is hot warning....I've never had that with my S21 ultra or my iphone 13 pro max. Even in regular usage the phone gets warmer than it should. Not good

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You could get around the finger print issues by enabling smart lock when connected to certain Bluetooth devices or when you're at home. I do this with my S21 Ultra because it's not perfect either. So this is my way of bypassing the fps for most of the day.

Yeah, I know about smart lock. I'd just like to get used to using the FPS for when I'm out of the house, and I like to use Google pay. I'm actually not having an issue with the FPS like some are. Thanks

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
a zero...big fat zero....0000....and all who think the current fingerprint sensor issue is minor are blinded, by what I don't know. It's the emperor new clothes, it's 2021 and there is difficulty to open the Pixel 6 phone...how many times a day do you open your phone?...Pixel 4a5G, took a fraction of a second and worked every time...NOT THE PIXEL 6, takes quite a long time and often does work at all (~66%)....i just don't understand users accepting such basic missing functionality. It's a 5 year step backwards.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
a zero...big fat zero....0000....and all who think the current fingerprint sensor issue is minor are blinded, by what I don't know. It's the emperor new clothes, it's 2021 and there is difficulty to open the Pixel 6 phone...how many times a day do you open your phone?...Pixel 4a5G, took a fraction of a second and worked every time...NOT THE PIXEL 6, takes quite a long time and often does work at all (~66%)....i just don't understand users accepting such basic missing functionality. It's a 5 year step backwards.
Some have problems with it others dont , can say same for Samsung in screen fingerprint scanner me personally dont have a issue with any of them on the market.

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
why would i need to spend time getting around basic functionality...it should just work..Flagship phone people ! can't open it reliably so you suggest workarounds ...i would like to see a Google executive use the fingerprint reader

RecklessFable

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm currently making my big decision as I keep phones until the battery dies. I'm down to half a day on my Galaxy S7 so it is time to move on. Pixel 6 is a strong contender for me. I dislike fingerprint scanners, so that is not an issue. I care mostly about battery and heat (since heat affects longevity). Seems like I might be making a mistake if I chose this phone.

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have read the above issues and have not experienced any of them. The fingerprint scanner sometimes needs a second try but seldom. The phone works exceptional in all areas. Also those of us that I’ve had multiple phones know that Google, with a software update, will fix any issues on the phone. My battery life has been exceptional making it to the second day with room to spare. I

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm only a day in, but it's feeling like a 75, and not because of the finger print lock - it's the unreliability. Apps shutting off (YouTube); Pixel Buds randomly stop playing while the phone shows the audio is still going; phone gets very hot (especially when the wifi is turned off).

Ugghhh, it sucks right now. But, I bought phone on mental promise that updates will fix these issues and Goggle's chip will take time for developers to adapt to it. That's what I'm hanging my hat on.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 6: 90 (Fingerprint sensor is absolutely terrible, everything else is great)

S21 Ultra: 100 nuff said

So, you don't care about Sammy still being on Android 11. How about Sammy's ability to take dictation? How about not being able to select the Google assistant while using headphones? How about the number of taps it takes to access Google pay or Samsung pay vs one single tap with the pixel ⁶. Umm that Sammy camera IS NOT better than the GP6 and I've been taking side by sides regularly. I have entered my most used finger prints twice on the GP6 and the extra millisecond it takes to activate the GP6 is negligible. I had the same issue with the Sammy and it had its own share of finger print fails as well. I have the Sammy Galaxy s21 ultra and there's no way it's a better phone than the GP6. I'LL give Sammy credit for a great screen and some pretty nice stereo speakers and that's about it. The GP6 has great software, albeit with a few bugs that I'm willing to bet will all get ironed out with the very first update to the software.

The Google Pixel 6 is all the hype. It's every bit of the hype. There are a few minor bugs but when they get resolved there will not be a phone that's better than this one on the Android side.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So, you don't care about Sammy still being on Android 11. How about Sammy's ability to take dictation? How about not being able to select the Google assistant while using headphones? How about the number of taps it takes to access Google pay or Samsung pay vs one single tap with the pixel ⁶. Umm that Sammy camera IS NOT better than the GP6 and I've been taking side by sides regularly. I have entered my most used finger prints twice on the GP6 and the extra millisecond it takes to activate the GP6 is negligible. I had the same issue with the Sammy and it had its own share of finger print fails as well. I have the Sammy Galaxy s21 ultra and there's no way it's a better phone than the GP6. I'LL give Sammy credit for a great screen and some pretty nice stereo speakers and that's about it. The GP6 has great software, albeit with a few bugs that I'm willing to bet will all get ironed out with the very first update to the software.

The Google Pixel 6 is all the hype. It's every bit of the hype. There are a few minor bugs but when they get resolved there will not be a phone that's better than this one on the Android side.

That's a huge load of nonsense I'm sorry to say. In fact I question whether you really have the S21 ultra because the things you mentioned are kinda ludicrous.

For 1, Sammy will push out android 12 by the end of the year and that's a good thing. Look at the pixel 6 (that I'm typing this comment on by the way), it's software has some bugs here and there so it's good for Samsung to work on it then release it.

No phone on the market has the ability to take dictation like the pixel phones that's true but I don't care about being able to use Google assistant while using headphones. But here's where you blatantly lied lol, the S21 ultra has a better camera system than the pixel 6, that is a fact. It's more versatile, they trade blows in images between day shots and night shots but the Sammy can zoom better, has a better ultra wide camera and has a better selfie camera, all facts.

You really had the audacity to compare the crappy, garbage, insulting fingerprint sensor on the pixel 6 to the very reliable, 99.99 % accurate fingerprint sensor on the S21 ultra? Give me a break.

Here's what else the S21 ultra does better : It has a better, brighter and smoother display (you can't argue that), it has a more powerful/efficient chip that doesn't get the phone hot unlike the P6, it is more customizable out of the box, it has more Ram (P6), better battery life, it has much better stereo speakers (the P6 one are kinda weak)...this is all facts. The pixel 6 is a solid phone except for the heat issue and the 30% accuracy with the fingerprint sensor. It's $599 so it's a better bang for buck but it's not better than the S21 ultra and that's ok because the latter cost twice as much.

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 6. Had it for a week. I'd rate it about 92. I absolutely love this phone. I almost always get the latest galaxy. I like smaller phones and thought I would have issues with the chunky size but I actually like the feel. Battery life has been very good except for one day. Fingerprint sensor has been good but I have opted not to use a screen protector for now.
Love android 12 features.
I'm starting to wonder about all the sudden negative reviews on the web. It sure hasn't been my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali