I've got the LG G Watch R, you've got questions. Let's do this.

larryv

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Would you say the charging cradle is "better" than the original G watch or about the same?

Posted via the Android Central App

The quality of LG has always been good. Charging cradles are nearly identical except the size of the watch (square watch, square cradle, round watch, round cradle). Both have the same (good) build quality. However I still find the wireless charger of the moto 360 better in both function and quality.

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If the wearer wants a watch to wear constantly ie it will suffer knocks and rough treatment then do you think the lg with the bezel may be tougher than the lg?

Assuming the wearer doesn't have a wireless charging pad then do you think the charging puk is as convenient as the lg wireless charger or is it more fiddly ?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does the crown turn?
Actually it does. Turning it doesn't seem to do anything though.
Can we get pics with non-analog faces? Maybe also side by side comparisons with the Moto 360 of the same face.
More pics will be in the review. We've already compared the GWaR + M360 here: Moto 360 vs. the LG G Watch R! | Android Central
If the wearer wants a watch to wear constantly ie it will suffer knocks and rough treatment then do you think the lg with the bezel may be tougher than the lg?

Assuming the wearer doesn't have a wireless charging pad then do you think the charging puk is as convenient as the lg wireless charger or is it more fiddly ?
Maybe. It definitely seems sturdier than the original G Watch. It's as convenient as any weird proprietary charger, which is to say you still need to remember to take the thing with you when traveling.

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I meant well the lg r be tougher than the moto which I see as stylish but possibly more susceptible to damage with the glass being to the edge.

Does the lg look more natural - I think the same sized strap on the moto looks very thin due to the size of the watch face but the ratio of strap to watch looks more natural on the lg - thoughts?

itr themes

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you host this q&a on the connectedly forums? Seems like a missed opportunity to get some much needed traffic over there!

Kreedz

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you use the chronometer/timer without a paired phone? Lets say I run out without my phone, what can I do with the watch alone? Thanks.

larryv

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you've used the watch? Or you just like hijacking a thread and answering questions addressed to someone else?

I used the watch and when I tried to turn it, the bezel did NOT turn. Other reviewers are reporting the same thing that the bezel does not turn. The LG-GR that I used was the Korean version so it could be that LG has made a change to the bezel OR that the bezel on Alex's watch is broken, OR it could be that I did not try hard enough. In any case, the bezel IMO serves no purpose other to annoy your swiping and make the display smaller in order to hide the display drivers (like the moto 360 did with the flat tire at the bottom, but LG took 4 times the space).

Here is another reviewer that mentions that the bezel is not rotating like a divers watch.
LG G Watch R: Best battery life, best display, best Android Wear watch available today

Last edited:

msn619

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
No one is talking about the charger, Is it a dock? Is it wireless charging? How fast is the charging? Is the battery easy to change?

d0u8l3m

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I used the watch and when I tried to turn it, the bezel did NOT turn. Other reviewers are reporting the same thing that the bezel does not turn. The LG-GR that I used was the Korean version so it could be that LG has made a change to the bezel OR that the bezel on Alex's watch is broken, OR it could be that I did not try hard enough. In any case, the bezel IMO serves no purpose other to annoy your swiping and make the display smaller in order to hide the display drivers (like the moto 360 did with the flat tire at the bottom, but LG took 4 times the space).

lmfao they wanted to know if the crown turned bro not the bezel, the crown is the little knob/button on the side of the watch

Last edited:

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I personally just want to know when I can order one in the US :( The wait is killing me...

Could you take a photo of it laying flat next to the pebble for comparison?
thanx
Danny

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
On the question about the ambient sensor, if LG had put an ambient sensor on the bezel, then the bezel would have been many times uglier than it already is with a empty black spot.

I disagree, I see no reason LG could not put a light sensor in the middle of the 12 o'clock triangle. It's a but of a fashion style anyways and wouldn't detract from the look, many watches put circles or stones such as diamonds, sapphires, etc here anyways. See attached picture as one example. LG... Are you listening? We need ambient light sensors!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 16802.jpg
    16802.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54