I've got the LG G Watch R, you've got questions. Let's do this.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you keep the screen always on and can you still see the watch face when you do? The 360 always on would dim things so much you could barely see it.

guitarec

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but what (if any) part of your post was a Question about the LG G Watch R? It sounded more like opinion/press piece for the Moto 360. I mean, it sounds like you are enjoying your Moto 360 - good for you. But please take that spirit to the appropriate forum topic, and leave this topic for what it was intended for.

Eric "GuitarEC"

May 26, 2010
Visit site
When is it being released?! :'(
Serious question I'm asking that dswatson83 asked: Do the bezels get in the way of the swiping? I have the G Watch and since its all flat it works great since I can swipe from out of the screen so how does the G Watch R compare?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How's the build quality?

Posted via the Android Central App
Pretty good for a smartwatch. It sorta captures the look of a regular watch, but feels way different.

When the screen is in dimmed mode how is the screen? Is it more visible than the lg watch? Is the dimmed mode brighter than the lg watch? Thanks
More visible than the original for sure in any mode, including dimmed.

Sorry let me clarify...how does it look compared to the moto 360? Do they look the same? Eye ball test :)
You can definitely see the pixels more easily on the 360. That said, the GWaR isn't super-sharp like a high-end phone.

Does the dial bezel seem to get in the way of any swipe gesture's you're making? I feel like it would be the same issue as having a case on your phone, not able to go right up to the edge of the device
A little. But I still find there's enough room. May depend on the size of your fingers though.

Does the bezel stand up enough to give a little protection to the lens? Some pictures make it look like it does others don't.

Posted via Android Central App
The lip does give a bit of protection. The main thing I've noticed so far is leather jackets don't trip the touchscreen anywhere near as much as on the OG G Watch.

I'm fan of watches, I own some tags H. And other high end brands. What I look before I buy a watch is the quality feel and disigne. How's the feel in it?
Nothing like a high-end timepiece. If you're expecting that, you'll be disappointed.

Any problems with screen quality? Would you say it looks better than the the 360s screen?

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360
Definitely sharper. Don't have a 360 here for side-by-side comparisons though.

Can you keep the screen always on and can you still see the watch face when you do? The 360 always on would dim things so much you could barely see it.
Yeah it's pretty visible in always-on mode. (And at night that can actually become a bit of a problem.)

Does the screen feel too small for you? Do you feel like Android where has any troubles adapting to the smaller circular screen?
It's smaller, but doesn't feel too small to me.

dovlek

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Could you list what other smartwatches you have used Alex... And then say which one has best worked for you so far or which one you like best so far?

Johnny Blake

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I know people have tried to explain why the Moto 360 needed that weird black space at the bottom, but why didn't LG need to? Was the reasoning behind the 360 just a pile of bull****?

Posted from my Motorola Moto G.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Since the case has minute markers on, are there some analogue-style watch faces without minute markers? I've only seen pictures of faces with them, and it seems a bit busy and a waste of space really.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Could you list what other smartwatches you have used Alex... And then say which one has best worked for you so far or which one you like best so far?

Used the OG Pebble, G Watch. Seen the Sony SW3 and Moto 360 in Germany. The one that's worked best for me is probably the Pebble.

I know people have tried to explain why the Moto 360 needed that weird black space at the bottom, but why didn't LG need to? Was the reasoning behind the 360 just a pile of bull****?

Posted from my Motorola Moto G.
LG has a space below the screen — in the lugs. That houses the stuff Moto needed to chop off a bit of the screen to have.

Since the case has minute markers on, are there some analogue-style watch faces without minute markers? I've only seen pictures of faces with them, and it seems a bit busy and a waste of space really.
Yep. (Dark here, apologies for the crappy photo.)

forums-gwar-face.jpg

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How does the strap feel?

Okay. Better than the rubber of some smartwatches, but not as luxurious as you might be expecting.

Would you say the charging cradle is "better" than the original G watch or about the same?

About the same. Once again, magnets to hold it in place. Similar setup with pogo pins, only this time in a little hockey puck type thing.

larryv

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Eric, are you talking to me? I have used both side by side, the LG-GR and the moto 360. And those were answer to people's questions (bezel, comparison to moto 360, ambient light sensor), even though I also added my opinion based on having used both, as Alex Dobie said has not. I now return you back to your whine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99