I've got the Xperia Z1. You've got questions. Let's do this.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got my C6903 in from Clove today and love it! I'm with T-Mobile too but haven't seen LTE speeds yet (could be the area I'm in). I know where I live has LTE so I'll test it when I get there this evening. Right now it's showing HSPA+.

If you're going to order from Clove or Handtec do so quickly before their offer of a free Sony Smartwatch 2 with purchase ends. :) Watches ship out at the end of September/beginning of October.

Was it able to pull down an Lte signal?

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
well I'm going to tell you guys my first day experience with the Z1 so far, and I am on AT&T and yes I do get LTE, because 1700mhz is supported in some areas. The camera on this phone, is terrible yes I said it. I had other devices that took way better pictures, and noticed this fails to get detail, even rival phones like the iphone 5 and S4 get better pictures, not even at night shots it gets any good quality shots. Battery life leaves more to be desired, I will do more testing but first day of use noticed battery going down fast with just normal web browsing, the display is by far the worst of all the 1080p displays I have seen, colors are dull and washed out and yes everybody knows about the viewing angles, but I was expecting more, but it is nowhere near the HTC One display. Yes it seems like I am ranting but is mostly what I see from my use, because it seems people keep asking questions but op doesnt have the time to answer all of them so I felt since I got one that at least I should mentioned the problems I have seen so far, kind of dissapointed mostly at the camera since even the HTC One takes better daylight shots and works better at night and other phones have better sharpness without oversharpenning or having too much noise like the Z1 is. I will test it for the next couple of days and see what else I can find.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My z1 has been a nightmare battery wise. Screenshot_2013-8609-27-14-22-38(1).jpg I switched phone off to fully charge and as soon as I switched Phone on the battery immediately dropped from 100 percent to 96 percent. Even with stamina mode on in a next 30 minutes power dropped to 90 percent. Then in a further 27 minutes battery dropped to a staggering 85 percent. In under an hour of my phone being fully charged, using stamina mode and not viewing media or Web browsing my phone had dropped by 15 percent!!!!!

Attachments

• 100Screenshot_2013-09-27-13-30-38.jpg
    100Screenshot_2013-09-27-13-30-38.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 90Screenshot_2013-09-27-14-01-44.jpg
    90Screenshot_2013-09-27-14-01-44.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2013-09-27-14-27-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-14-27-24.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 42
Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Received mine 4 days ago (Belgium, through CoolBlue), free Sony watch still to follow within 14 days...
I'm an old-timer, never used anything else than BBs, all with keypads, so this is my first smartphone.
Haven't installed my SIM card yet, because I can't find a proper way to transfer contacts to it. My BB contacts are spread over
SIM card, desktop and work e-mail profiles... Chaos, I know. Should anyone know a way, welcome!
Configured the device for just web use, testing with sound & video, battery use,...
The first two days battery life dropped like freefall indeed, but I have the impression that it's learning to behave ;) After a few full
loads during the past days, yesterday I did a full day with it.
It's BIG if you're used to classic sizes, but otherwise than to find a place to store it on you, I don't think it's an issue.
Sound is great, headphone isn't... I'll continue to use my Bose set. Screen quality is stunning in my opinion, I think it would be
even better without the attached screen protector.

So my big question remains... I'll start using it as soon as I can transfer my contacts...
Cheers!

EDIT new thread in XZ1

Last edited:

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
This contact tranfer problem might be worth to open a new thread on the XZ1 forum.
Just a suggestion :)

Last edited:

duytuanbme

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
How long does it take to fully charge ?
HTC One has everything I need, but the charging time is killing me, took almost 3.5 hours each cycle and I am curious about this Z1.

Dimii46

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Heya,

I've also gotten the z1 y-day, and I've connected mine with my PS3 via Sony Entertainment Network.

Yet I wonder what the perks are fo doing this? I've found nothing I can do with this.. any hints?

Thanks

Cale M

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Heya,

I've also gotten the z1 y-day, and I've connected mine with my PS3 via Sony Entertainment Network.

Yet I wonder what the perks are fo doing this? I've found nothing I can do with this.. any hints?

Thanks

Here's a nice article with some info on that.

I don't believe the Z1 can cross-play or remote-play like the Vita, but any PlayStation Mobile game bought for one should be playable on any of the three.

justinl111

May 10, 2011
Visit site
However nice the phone looks I refuse to buy any Sony Phone until they stop putting on the factory installed shatter protectors. If they are using the latest versions of Dragontrail or Gorilla Glass they do not need this extra protection as every other high end phone manufacture shows. All it does is put on a layer that is neither scratch resistant or oleophobic, The screen shows micro scratches almost immediately and over time becomes frankly a bit of a mess. You can of course either remove the protector but this could both invalidate your warranty and leave a screen with no oleophobic coating or you can apply another screen protector on top which then can affect the screen performance, viewing angles etc. Surely we should have the choice to have a screen protector installed especially with the amount of inhenrient issues it comes with and also the quality of glass and coatings available now.

Ado Kanashii

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
HI...
i just want to know if under personalisation, when you choose a theme does it applies and changes the notification led strip color
lets say that if you pick the red theme does the notification led also glows red?

and i want to know if this led strip is personalizable for message receiving or facebook notifications??? thank you very much

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you play games on it?
My Z1 gets hot on the topside (back & front but mainly backside) when playing.
It starts heating up almost immediately and after 10 minutes it's really not fun to hold it anymore.

tusharrastogi

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello Friends,

Got my Xperia Z1 on 6th of this month. Have been trying to find out how can i install the games, applications directly to the External 64gb SD card. I couldn't find any process or method to transfer files, games with .apk & .obb files, music, videos and applications downloaded directly from Google Play should directly get installed to the SD Card. Any help on this is appreciated. I am new to Android world so i seek help from the masters of this field.

Thanks

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Friends,

Got my Xperia Z1 on 6th of this month. Have been trying to find out how can i install the games, applications directly to the External 64gb SD card. I couldn't find any process or method to transfer files, games with .apk & .obb files, music, videos and applications downloaded directly from Google Play should directly get installed to the SD Card. Any help on this is appreciated. I am new to Android world so i seek help from the masters of this field.

Thanks

Use this app for that: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=mobi.infolife.app2sd&token=xLMs9c9q (download from play store-remember, not all apps are transferable to sd card) this app will show you which are transferable and which are not.

To transfer apps manually go: > settings > applications > manage (i dont recommended doing it this way as it wastes time because you have to guess which apps are transferable or not.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582