Just fondled the new Turbo

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Swung by a Verizon store & managed to snag a rep with a little "good ole boy" geek in him & had a little session with him. He snuck into the stock room like he was dealing drugs & brought me out the 64 GB version in the ballistic nylon for me to see and the build quality seemed impressive. Very solid, very aggressive grip - has the feel of a quality tool more than a phone. He said they have 5 of the 64 GB's in stock and will be sure he has one for me tomorrow. That red is really sharp though & if I didn't need the storage I'd be all over it. I think Moto & Verizon slapped this one out of the park.

datagrrl

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Totally on the fence. I don't mind using external storage, but I like the idea of the 64. I love the red, though I am rough on phones and usually use an Otterbox or similar case.

Posted via the Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I checked one out at the Verizon near my work. They actually had a Droid Turbo display with the red and black MGF versions(no ballistic nylon though) and a couple of cases sitting out. It was the first display you see when you walk in the door, so Verizon must have some big expectations for this phone. I love the red in person even more than the pictures. The red is a little lighter shade than the one on my Ultra, but its beautiful. It was a bit thicker than the Ultra, but not a whole lot bigger, and it felt great in my hand. I prefer it to the feel of the Ultra. I didn't spend much time with it cuz I was on my way back to work from lunch. The screen was gorgeous. I'm looking forward to officially picking it up tomorrow.