[Kernel] Genocide 1.2GHz Froyo DK28/EB13 RFS/EXT4

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I flashed Genocide Kernel but Pandora did not work. In addition to that, my 3g internet was not as fast as it was before I flashed my Epic with the Genocide 1.2. I went back to TER. Now everything is great again. Can someone tell me why pandora did not work and my 3G internet was slow?
Thank you.

Both your issues are reported as fixed in the .3a kernal.

Reactions: tomy2001

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What is the best setting in setcpu for better battery life.
excellent job. Thank you for your work.

For battery life 1000 max 100 min, on the scroll bars it will say Max: 1000000(6 zeros) Min: 100000(5 zeros) The scaling drop down appears debatable; at first the guys over at xda were saying conservative for battery but within the past 24hrs everyone is saying that the EPIC works best with ondemand. I guess this is because conservative sometimes has lag while be woken up. Honestly I used conservative for a day or so and didn't notice any lag....just switched to ondemand and haven't noticed a difference. I have also read that this kernal hasn't quite been scripted completely for undervolting and all it does it allow the phone to run at lower speeds in order to preserve some battery.

**Bummer rag beat me to this one and with much less words.

Reactions: nigma2u

willistheyounger

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
i have a stock rooted froyo and i flashed this last night and during the boot i get that stupid android logo over the sprint and galaxy s screen is there a way to remove that or did i just flash wrong?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Robcy

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
So if I want the sport photo fix, and the undervolt, can I simply flash this kernel, and not install any overclock tool.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For battery life 1000 max 100 min, on the scroll bars it will say Max: 1000000(6 zeros) Min: 100000(5 zeros) The scaling drop down appears debatable; at first the guys over at xda were saying conservative for battery but within the past 24hrs everyone is saying that the EPIC works best with ondemand. I guess this is because conservative sometimes has lag while be woken up. Honestly I used conservative for a day or so and didn't notice any lag....just switched to ondemand and haven't noticed a difference. I have also read that this kernal hasn't quite been scripted completely for undervolting and all it does it allow the phone to run at lower speeds in order to preserve some battery.

**Bummer rag beat me to this one and with much less words.

Just an update: the kernal SHOULD be run on conservative per the creator rodderick

source: xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL][GPL]Genocide 1.2GhzOC EB13 Kernel v0.3a (DK28 Compatible) - 2/26/2011

Reactions: nigma2u

stilesja

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have that android screen too. I don't think it is anything to do with genocide. Sounds like we did the same flash. I got the Odin eb13 w clockwork 3 root and ext4 baked in. That is what changers the startup screen. I'm not sure how to fix it but I don't really mind it. I'm not watching it boot all the time ...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i have a stock rooted froyo and i flashed this last night and during the boot i get that stupid android logo over the sprint and galaxy s screen is there a way to remove that or did i just flash wrong?

No that just means that the boot animation is able to be changed. I think? Correct me if I am wrong.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I will attest to the fact the phone gets really laggy when set to conservative...

No problems here as far as lag is concerned. Running the previous Genocide kernel ver. 02a and the newest ver. 03a things are NICE and battery is better.

svx

Jun 7, 2010
www.isv-knights.org
Running EB13 EXT4 with TER 1.5 and Genocide .03a kernel. Getting Quadrant scores well over 1800. Still testing battery, but so far so good.

dela4220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Question to all if not answered yet, sorry. Im running EB13 rooted with stock Samsung 2.2.1 with CWM 3.0.6, would i have to change my rom in order to flash a different kernal or will it work with the stock rom for my Epic and just flash on cwm?

big_bake

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
well is there a way to remove it i kinda like the stock boot

If you follow the link for Supernova ROM in this forum, look at post #2 over on XDA. There are 10 custom boot animations that you can flash. You have to flash another zip to removed the stock one first or they both run over each other. As far as keeping the stock one, I'm not sure. If you're going the custom route, might as well take it all the way.

this from the [ROOT] thread. Thanks to Paul627g!

Yes actually I have.. You need to remove a file in the system to stop the stock animation from "bleeding" threw with the new bootanimation that your trying to flash.

First let me ask do you have Root Explorer from the Market?

Edit:

1. Make a CWM backup as usual just incase.

2. Flash this file Remove Stock Boot Animation (Flash in CWM3)

3. Immediately afterwards flash the boot animation you picked out in CWM3 format from a454nova's list as you stated or you won't have a boot animation and your device will probably start freaking out throwing up FC's.

4. Reboot your system

5. You should now have a nice new boot animation with no bleed threw from the stock boot animation.. ( I had this happen too)

Reactions: bigtimeweb