keyboard foilo options

Jeff3545

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the Google keyboard folio and it's a piece of ****.

1) the tablet does not positively attach to the cover, meaning it can fall out if you are not careful.
2) the tablet does not have a secure detent in the open position, which means if you are not using it on a flat surface you will surely have to continually reposition the tablet.
3) the chicklet action is good but there is something off about the layout because typing on the Surface Pro 3 is considerably more reliable. I've had this tablet 3 weeks now and have not figured it out... usually it takes about a week of use to adjust your muscle memory to a new keyboard.
4) a dedicated search key, really? Given the precious real estate on a 9" tablet keyboard, I would think that there would be a better use of the space than a key dedicated to a function prominately displayed on the UI.

This is just a product design fail, and for $129 no less! I need to have a keyboard because I often use this tablet as a laptop (as is the case now), but I can't be productive with the shortcomings of the Google keyboard. Can you offer any suggestions for folio covers that include a keyboard.

A couple of other notes on this:
1) google nailed the NFC/bluetooth pairing and other manufacturers should emulate this.
2) Android has a behavior that is particularly annoying with a keyboard, which is that the keyboard option menu has a remarkable ability to pop up randomly based on key strokes and disrupt your work. There needs to be a way to prevent this from happening.
3) the keyboard has it's own power supply but no backlighting, which makes the keybnoard almost impossible to use in the dark, which would not be an issue if the tablet was positively secured to the folio cover and could disable the keyboard when the keyboard was rotated behind the tablet for use in a traditional tablet mode.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you plugin your charger on the keyboard do you get any type of notification light that its actually charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74