Keyboard recommendations?

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
ever since i went to dl30 my swype is supper inaccurate. I'm not running any roms just the stock odin dl30. I had no issues prior to dl30. is there any recommendations? is the newer leaked froyo any better or do i wait to go back DL09?

thanks in advance

swype version 2.8.50.12867

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ever since i went to dl30 my swype is supper inaccurate. I'm not running any roms just the stock odin dl30. I had no issues prior to dl30. is there any recommendations? is the newer leaked froyo any better or do i wait to go back DL09?

thanks in advance

Hey amo, i think you should just try one of the new froyo leaks, i think you maybe able to get away without doing a data wipe. try the EB16SC26x_DXC.tar package

And welcome to Android Central

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Does it get better as you use it on DL30? I believe Swype kind of learns as you use it. Maybe the data it learned is gone from when you went to DL30 and it needs to learn how you Swype again?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

thanks in advance

um...eb01

super clean 2.6

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
dxcon

i've put up with it for a few wks waiting for it to start learning like it did originally. but no luck. i'll try one of the newer leaks.

i'll take a look at super clean. but if i recall it has launcher pro which i'm not a fan of.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
you could also try the beta swype: Swype | Text Input for Screens

before you could switch to this beta, you have to remove swype from your phone. to do this:

1. switch your keyboard to the default android keyboard or something other than swype.
2. using root explorer or super manager with root permissions, remove swype from your phone by:
- removing the swype.apk from /system/apps
- removing libSwypeCore.so from /system/lib
3. reboot
4. sign up for the swype beta and download the swype installer.
5. using the swype installer, install swype to your phone

if you get a forceclose, you probably have a swype file still on your system. to fix this all you have to do is do a search in the system folder for anything swype and delete it and then reboot and try the swype installer again.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
dxcon

i've put up with it for a few wks waiting for it to start learning like it did originally. but no luck. i'll try one of the newer leaks.

i'll take a look at super clean. but if i recall it has launcher pro which i'm not a fan of.

No, superclean has the AOSP launcher, not launcherpro

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Swype long ago (when my phone was still stock). Its really cool to show people how cool your android phone is and what they can't do with their iphone, but it was just so inaccurate and would put in really screwy words. My Blackberry keyboard was still the best with it having hard buttons. My touchscreen friends said I would get used to typing on the screen but I still don't like it in comparison. However the functionality of the phone far outweighs the BB though so it makes it worth it. Lately I've been using Swiftkey and it seems to do a decent enough job.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Swype long ago (when my phone was still stock). Its really cool to show people how cool your android phone is and what they can't do with their iphone, but it was just so inaccurate and would put in really screwy words. My Blackberry keyboard was still the best with it having hard buttons. My touchscreen friends said I would get used to typing on the screen but I still don't like it in comparison. However the functionality of the phone far outweighs the BB though so it makes it worth it. Lately I've been using Swiftkey and it seems to do a decent enough job.

what keyboard are you using now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper