Latest GNex radio experiences(FC04/FC05)

tejaskary

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I wanted to know your experience with the latest radio for the Nexus (LTE radio: FC05, CDMA radio FC04). I have tried to flash this radio a couple of times, and each time I had very bad results. I have an app called "No Signal alert" which shows me how many times I lost signal. With this version of the radio, I lose it very frequently. I also have just seen the signal drop to 0 frequently while using the phone, and also had my call cut a couple of times.

Currently I am on the FA02 radio which was leaked in the previous 4.0.4 update, and it works just fine. Hardly get any signal drops and is way more reliable.

However, I have read that the FC04/05 radio is supposed to better and is very fast to transition from 4G->3G and vice versa. I don't know why I am having such a poor experience with this version.

I live near Seattle, where I get good 4G coverage. Anyone experience the same thing? Also, do you guys do anything else after flashing a new radio, like update the PRL somehow?

Thanks much !

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I find that I am having the same issue. Seems as if the leaked radios were much better than these new ones. I am getting more frequent signal drops and freezes lately.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the newest radios and I'm happy with them. The LTE/3G hand off is so quick that I haven't noticed it actually happen; it seemed to take forever with the radios from 4.0.2. Reception is much better overall and LTE seems more stable. It definitely eliminated an LTE dead zone for me on my commute.

exta02

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in Seattle and before installing the latest radio I would lose data and voice all together at least 4 times a day. Now it never cuts out on 4g or 3g. If you could I would try to get your carrier to replace it for you at no charge because they claimed the new 4.0.4 update with the new radio would solve all signal issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2