Leaked DL30 Froyo Build Available NOW! (Includes Full Instructions: Updated 2/5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwelch4

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue where the screen will not stay on while charging. The option to have it on is no longer in the settings > applications menu...

Is there another way folks are getting the screen to stay on while plugged in...

Thanks

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, not sure if this has been mentioned already, I apologize if it has, but has anybody had problems keeping red cwm after flashing DL30? Mine keeps going back to green cwm, (I assume it's the old green cwm), and I'm having to constantly re-push red cwm through odin in order to flash the new roms/themes for DL30. Thanks for the help!

krazyone3d

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
First off thanks everyone on here for all the help
I followed the instuctions from page 1 and have froyo now. One question i do have and was not apart to the instructions, do i need to clear cache partition?I seen someone talking about it but wonder what will it actually do if i do clear it?
my only issues so far is I cant read my email cause it says its too big and my battery also seems to drain faster.
A seperate question, I use advanced task killer to close apps, how come apps I know I have not used always seem to show up when i run task killer?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue where the screen will not stay on while charging. The option to have it on is no longer in the settings > applications menu...

Is there another way folks are getting the screen to stay on while plugged in...

Thanks

yeah, think they got rid of it. Someone at xda recommended a widget called "Stay Awake" in the market

Reactions: edwelch4

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
First off thanks everyone on here for all the help
I followed the instuctions from page 1 and have froyo now. One question i do have and was not apart to the instructions, do i need to clear cache partition?I seen someone talking about it but wonder what will it actually do if i do clear it?
my only issues so far is I cant read my email cause it says its too big and my battery also seems to drain faster.
A seperate question, I use advanced task killer to close apps, how come apps I know I have not used always seem to show up when i run task killer?

if you didnt have a problem installing DL30 then dont worry about clearing cache partition (it wouldnt have hurt to do it)...

are you using the native task killer or one from the market,, if you are using one from the market thats most likely whats draining your battery.

some apps turn on because they have shared fuctionality with other apps so its better for your system to just leave them be so they wont have to go to the trouble of restarting everytime you go to do a certain function....unless they are running in the background like widgets or music playerrs they are most likely not causeing drain on your battery

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Still cannot get cwm to backup. Tried using rom manager. It loaded the green cwm and froze when backing up. Pulled battery and the red cwm loaded, it froze also when backing up. Not that big of a deal since titanium backup is backing up of my apps.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Still cannot get cwm to backup. Tried using rom manager. It loaded the green cwm and froze when backing up. Pulled battery and the red cwm loaded, it froze also when backing up. Not that big of a deal since titanium backup is backing up of my apps.

did you flash the new cwm from red cwm?
NEW CLOCKWORK DOWNLOAD

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
is anyones phone runnning warmer the usaul?

Yeah but only because I haven't stopped playing with it. Seriously though, it isn't really. Are you using a task killer, besides the one that's built in? If so, that could be the source of your problem

Quick question, not sure if this has been mentioned already, I apologize if it has, but has anybody had problems keeping red cwm after flashing DL30? Mine keeps going back to green cwm, (I assume it's the old green cwm), and I'm having to constantly re-push red cwm through odin in order to flash the new roms/themes for DL30. Thanks for the help!

Are you talking about when you boot into CW using ROM Manger, or are you talking about when you do the volume up/down + power combo?

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about when you boot into CW using ROM Manger, or are you talking about when you do the volume up/down + power combo?

I'm talking about the volume up/down + power combo, I've never really tried it from ROM Manager

iLogikk

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen this anywhere but I obviously could have missed it but is the designated voicemail button in the dialer not working now?

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but only because I haven't stopped playing with it. Seriously though, it isn't really. Are you using a task killer, besides the one that's built in? If so, that could be the source of your problem

no i am not and i dont touch the one with super manager.. and ur right i cant stop playing with it..and for the life of me i can not get red cwm i keep flashing it then when i start up it gets stuck at the samsung screen is there a new one coming soon. i have the sd card that came with the phone should i do app2sd?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why do you need red. Does the green not let you flash? EDIT: quoted wrong person lol

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm talking about the volume up/down + power combo, I've never really tried it from ROM Manager

Hmmm. Not sure if you followed my procedure and downloads, or someone else's, but I boot into red each time.

no i am not and i dont touch the one with super manager.. and ur right i cant stop playing with it..and for the life of me i can not get red cwm i keep flashing it then when i start up it gets stuck at the samsung screen is there a new one coming soon. i have the sd card that came with the phone should i do app2sd?

Apps2sd s what you'll use to install apps to SD once you're up and running. If you can't get past the Samsung screen, I would boot into recovery and try a wipe.

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need red. Does the green not let you flash?

no it did...i thought red was better also i just installed sc.8 and cant down load handcent was it removed from market and should i do app2sd what are the benefitds to it

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no it did...i thought red was better also i just installed sc.8 and cant down load handcent was it removed from market and should i do app2sd what are the benefitds to it

its not that much better, its polished, but if its not working for you , but green is, then Green is better in your scenario, you are not messing with Lag fix so its not really needed.

Does sc.8 have a preinstalled sms program?

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i lost red when i flashed new cwm ,,,why do you need red clockwork why dont you just flash it from green?

I heard there were issues with green, but if it's working for you then I'll give it a shot.

Hmmm. Not sure if you followed my procedure and downloads, or someone else's, but I boot into red each time.

I'm pretty sure I followed your procedure to the T, after I push it with odin then I boot into recovery using the volume keys and flash whatever zip I'm going to flash. After I flash the zip then I clear the cache/dalvik cache and reboot. Lately I've been flashing the new superclean roms, and I just noticed on adryn's thread that they come with a built-in cwm, I wonder if that may be the reason I have to redo red cwm everytime I flash one.

Status
Not open for further replies.