Leaving phone plugged in...

jhinson52

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I stream music to a Bluetooth speaker at my desk and also stay connected to Wi-Fi about 90% of the time. I know these can both drain the battery significantly. So, my question is, will it hurt my battery to stay plugged in to a charger while I'm at work? I have always wondered this but have never been able to find a definitive answer to the question.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It should not. As long as you continue to use your battery on a regular basis, you should be fine. There are many schools of thought but the universally accepted rule is Li-Ion cells like to be charged rather than discharged. If you want to kill a Li-Ion battery quickly, keep discharging it all the way. I use a laptop at work and it's plugged in most of the time. I will get 3-4 years out of the battery on average. As long as the cells are a good quality and the electronics for the charging circuit are configured correctly, all is well.

Optid

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
It won't harm your phone as long as you periodically completely drain your battery and completely recharge it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2