LTE glitches and issues - Any solutions?

Denverdrs

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Hello, a few problems of various inconvenience I've encountered. Any recommended solutions are appreciated:

Spotify - Will not seamlessly transition from WiFi to LTE and vice-versa. Stops playing and displays an error message I've needed to open the app, enter settings and switch the streaming Modes.

Spotify is a battery vacuum! I doubt there is a solution here.

Watch went in to cool down mode 3 times while sitting in a coffee shop about 6ft from a fireplace. Closes all apps and disconnects headset. Is this concerning for warm weather runs, rides, climbs etc?

The data in the weather, altitude and barometer doesn't not appear to auto update. I've been drilling down into the apps and performing a manual refresh in order to obtain accurate information. Any way to auto refresh? (not an app update issue)

Beta - I understand light watch faces use more battery power than dark faces.

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Changing the internet connection on your end (and wifi to mobile data is a change, since the gateway's IP address for each one is different) will change "who you are" (as far as the site is concerned) for any disconnected mode - and the web runs disconnected. (You connect, get the data, then disconnect, even if you're still looking at the screen. The only "memory" of the "connection" is the session ID, which is linked to the gateway IP address, so when that changes, all information about your previous "connection" is lost because the new session ID isn't the same as the old session ID.)

2. No, apps that eat a lot of battery eat a lot of battery.

3. That could be a defective watch, or it could be that the watch was getting a lot more heat from the fire than you realized. Without being there and testing a few things, there's no way of telling what was happening.

4. Check the apps for update frequency. ("Off" may be "no updating" or it may be "push" (send data to the phone when the data changes) - it depends on the app. Altitude and barometer should be hardware-driven, and should update as the value changes. Weather may only update while it's the foreground app.

Amoled screens use more power displaying white than black, but non-Amoled screens don't have much power-use drain from one color to another. Considering that this is Samsung, it's probably an Amoled screen.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Watch went in to cool down mode 3 times while sitting in a coffee shop about 6ft from a fireplace. Closes all apps and disconnects headset. Is this concerning for warm weather runs, rides, climbs etc?
Warm weather activity should not trigger cool down mode. As a south Floridian, everything I do is a warm weather activity, and my watch has never done that.