Managed to brick my Fascinate. Please help me bring it back to life! :'(

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Few details regarding the phone :
Last working rom before it sort of died on me : SC 2.9.2v
Red CWM ALL (voodoo enabled)

I recently upgraded to SC2.9.2v. The phone was behaving well but an irritating issue had cropped up. Everytime i would reboot the phone, I would lose all app settings and the phone would be back to square one.

I thought there were 'ghosts' from the previous roms i had installed that was responsible for this. So I disabled Voodoo and Odin-ed back to DL09 to start afresh. Installed RED CWM ALL via Odin once again and tried to reinstall SC2.9.2v. Didnt solve the problem.

Now comes the scary part :
I dont know what got into me to think that 'repartitioning' might help. I disabled voodoo again, and this time in Odin, put Atlas v2.2pit file in pit and DL09.tar.md5 file in PDA. And chose re-partition!!

Now my phone will go straight into Blue recovery and sit there. :(

Last ditch effort :
I thought, if I could get into CWM, I would be able to restore the phone. So I installed Red CWM All via Odin and I can get into Red CWM on the phone. But where do I go from here? I tried restoring to a previous restore file i had created, but it didnt help. Still goes back to the red cwm after boot. :(

Finally, in the mount and storage option, I cannot mount dbdata. It says error mounting datadata.

Please help me reinstate the phone. :( The phone can still go into download mode and is detected in Odin. Can also go into Red Cwm. So is there hope? :(

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
4/7/11 Unbrick your phone and a very easy root method - xda-developers

Take a look at this. I don't think your phone is bricked.

I would try to ODIN the DI01 package... This should completely re-write everything. I would then try to OTA up to ED01..

you can find that .tar file here..post #9

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/66762-tools-quick-links-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

Let the rom boot all the way up before you do anything else..

Thank you for your replies, fortesquieu and Lttlwing16

I'm trying the heimdall method but how do I extract the factoryfs.rfs, zimage etc, files from the dl09.tar.md5 file? 7zip or jzip is unable to open the tar.md5 file. I'm hoping that once i get hold of those files inside the archive, i can reinstate the phone with heimdall. But I'm unable to extract those files with 7zip from the stock rom. Am I missing something here? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I have no experience with heimdall...nor do I know of much support of it in this forum. ODIN however is well known, and there are many who could help you here. Is there a reason your going with heimdall..do you have someone guiding you with that?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your replies, fortesquieu and Lttlwing16

I'm trying the heimdall method but how do I extract the factoryfs.rfs, zimage etc, files from the dl09.tar.md5 file? 7zip or jzip is unable to open the tar.md5 file. I'm hoping that once i get hold of those files inside the archive, i can reinstate the phone with heimdall. But I'm unable to extract those files with 7zip from the stock rom. Am I missing something here? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Will you be on in about 2 hours ill fix you right up

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Will you be on in about 2 hours ill fix you right up

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You are a saviour, Dan! :D I'm right here! :) Please help me out. :(

Btw, I managed to extract the factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdate.rfs, zimage, modem.bin and recovery.bin from the dl09.tar.md5. But the params.lfs, boot.bin and slb.bin files are not in the tar file. :( I cannot proceed with heimdall without all the files or can i? :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
not to go OT but Welcome back DroidXcon, from your little hiatus and to the Fassy, I see you got your new one....

Thanks man, but i will still be on and off , im still a little sick so i wont be around that much still but im getting better.

Yeah i got a new Fassy courtesy of Drootz who recently switched over to the TB.

You are a saviour, Dan! :D I'm right here! :) Please help me out. :(

Btw, I managed to extract the factoryfs.rfs, cache.rfs, dbdate.rfs, zimage, modem.bin and recovery.bin from the dl09.tar.md5. But the params.lfs, boot.bin and slb.bin files are not in the tar file. :( I cannot proceed with heimdall without all the files or can i? :(

yeah not all odin images are created equal you need a file with full stock images, use this one courtesy of Adrynalyne
Index of /files/stuff

I'm actually going to leave work early since im still not feeling to well, but ill try to help you out via tapatalk.

Reactions: 3dsign

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174