Market Issues..

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the Market? It's been real laggy lately, and also I suddenly have 3 apps just hanging in perpetual download mode. I hit the update button and they just won't download and I can't cancel them because every time I hit the cancel button the Market FC's. Is this just me?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
To get them to cancel do the following.

In you home screen...Go to settings...Accounts & Sync Settings...Uncheck Background Data.

Reboot your phone.

You can now go back into market and cancel the download. It will ask you to turn on background data when you open market back up.

I've had this happen several times since the 2.2 update....but none since the flash update.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Really? I will do that right this minute!

***UPDATE***

OK so that didn't work. I unchecked Background Data and rebooted the phone but I still can't cancel the download and the Market still FCs every single time I try to cancel it. I got the one update to download and install after I turned on my Wifi, but this one is being persistently annoying. I don't why it won't go away or download... or dance and sing, I don't even care at this point as long as it does SOMETHING! LOL!

Last edited:

jacobydarkon

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert, but have you cleared the market cache. I've had no problems with the market, but I've read on other forums that this might help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Nothing seemed to work really. Clearing the cache did nothing, but I did manage to get it fixed by clearing the Market data. I uninstalled the app, cleared the Market data, and then went back into the Market and redownloaded and installed the app. All problems resolved. For now..

Sidenote: The solution that VZW gave me over the phone for this problem was to pull the battery... (it didn't help.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene