Mms not working with galaxy mega 6.3. Help?

Amy Johnson80

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm using straight talk with my at&t samsung galaxy Mega 6.3 (kitkat) and everything is working correctly except my sending and recieving picture messages. When I try to send, it just sets there "sending" abs when someone sends me a picture it won't pop up like it usually did, a download box comes up and when I click it, it says unable to download tri again later.
My APN settings are accurate according to straight talk and my research online. Very very frustrating to say the least. So I downloaded this android central app in hopes someone will be able to help.
(Btw everything worked including mms up until I added new air time 2 days ago)

Samsung Galaxy MEGA 6.3 kitkat

Amy Johnson80

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I've done everything I know to do besides doing a factory reset which is what straight talk told me to do but I'm trying not too.
Just found out today that my husband's phone is doing the exact same thing and he has an At&t Samsung Galaxy s3. So it can't be just my phone since his isn't sending/recieving either. Both of our apn's are the same.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've done everything I know to do besides doing a factory reset which is what straight talk told me to do but I'm trying not too.
Just found out today that my husband's phone is doing the exact same thing and he has an At&t Samsung Galaxy s3. So it can't be just my phone since his isn't sending/recieving either. Both of our apn's are the same.

Maybe a cache clear in recovery? This method will work for the S3, not sure about the Mega.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

urpartnerncrime

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
amy Johnson the problem that you and me and other people are having is the kit kat 4.4.2 is messing a lot of android phones expecially the Mega i527-I myself have the galaxy mega i527 I cannot send or receive pics and I get a message that says (no mobile net works found)I called straight talk after 49 mins they had no answer-
I sent my mega to RSI in Plano,Tx-RSI is a repair contractor for Samsung,RSI sent my phone back 12 days later-not only was the phone still not working-RSI cracked my screen-so I sent the mega back again-after 8 days RSI sent my mega back to me-they did fix the screen but not the picture problem..so I finally had enough of Samsung calling me ask me to send it back a 3rd time to RSI-I told Samsung just send me a replacement-Samsung Rep said he did not have that power to do so-Samsung Rep said a higher Rep with the power to send me a new phone-will be calling me-I waited 4 days-finally I got tited of waiting I said F-IT-I went on ebay bought a brand new Samsung mega i9205 for $307 which has the jelly bean and its unlocked-the good thing is it does not have all the at&t aps/bloatware..Oh btw I have read that most people who block Google app picasa that uploads your and mine pics for google to use for their money making ad,s that's installed in most android phones-are having issues with the kit kat update...reason I know is my wife has 4.4.2 on her galaxy s4 and she has not blocked her reg or naughty pics on Picasa and her phone works fine....:-$

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I get the same problem
MMS takes forever to send (if it ever does) and a lot of times pictures coming in won't load properly
I just deal with it

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

adelle822

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
This happened to my phone after I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2. It would not send or receive mms messages. I did a soft reset and a hard reset. I even bought a new sim card and nothing worked. I did finally get it working and I will tell you how.

I went to:
Settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
and on the straight talk apn settings scroll down to APN type and add mms
so instead of default, hipri it should now read default, hipri, mms
click on the menu button and click save
Restart your phone and it should work.

Good luck
Screenshot_2014-09-09-18-24-13.png

Last edited:

Tonia Smith

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
This happened to my phone after I upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2. It would not send or receive mms messages. I did a soft reset and a hard reset. I even bought a new sim card and nothing worked. I did finally get it working and I will tell you how.

I went to:
Settings
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
and on the straight talk apn settings scroll down to APN type and add mms
so instead of default, hipri it should now read default, hipri, mms
click on the menu button and click save
Restart your phone and it should work.

Good luck
View attachment 135913

ladyneon4

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Restarting every morning

Anyone have a clue why after the last week or so every morning when I get up I have to do a restart on my Samsung mega 6.3 if I dont nobody can hear me when they call, if was fine and all of a sudden poof

Thanks So Much

Deb

christalware

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm using straight talk with my at&t samsung galaxy Mega 6.3 (kitkat) and everything is working correctly except my sending and recieving picture messages. When I try to send, it just sets there "sending" abs when someone sends me a picture it won't pop up like it usually did, a download box comes up and when I click it, it says unable to download tri again later.
My APN settings are accurate according to straight talk and my research online. Very very frustrating to say the least. So I downloaded this android central app in hopes someone will be able to help.
(Btw everything worked including mms up until I added new air time 2 days ago)

How did you get yours to work? Mine is doing the same thing.

MandaR5489

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this! it fixed my phone right away!! :)
I went through 8 customer reps at straight talk who couldn't tell me how to fix it or what was wrong. they kept insisting it was my "sim card". and I needed to buy another. good thing I didn't waste my money!