[MOD] Remove Verizon Wireless***Updated 3/20 All Roms***

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Removed VerizonWireless From Lock and Drop Down

Hm...I just flashed CM9 alpha (4.0.3) and it doesn't seem to work. I'm getting the boot looping problem:( Any ideas? It's not the end of the world...but I rather liked the "Google"

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hm...I just flashed CM9 alpha (4.0.3) and it doesn't seem to work. I'm getting the boot looping problem:( Any ideas? It's not the end of the world...but I rather liked the "Google"

The framework in cm9 is different than stock. This will only work on stock. I posted a quick how to. Try it out and get it running for cm9.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Are you sure the permissions aren't supposed to be rw-r-r-- ?

I looked at mine, and those are the permissions of mine before I flash. It might help everyone who has had problems?

That's how mine were set up. Its worth a shot as you laid it out. I would just click all the buttons. It can't hurt. Can't break this thing :)

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol. True...unless I drop it and then complain that it's not built well enough, side-stepping the fault being mine.

acidfruitloop

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Just did this on my phone. Downloaded the file to pc then moved to phone. I didn't mess with the permissions just replaced the file. Happy to say that even after multiple reboots the change still sticks.

Side note, this is the first thing i've done to my phone since rooting it. Thanks for the work you did making this mod and the details on how to install it. Made it easy for a super noob like me to do!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Just did this on my phone. Downloaded the file to pc then moved to phone. I didn't mess with the permissions just replaced the file. Happy to say that even after multiple reboots the change still sticks.

Side note, this is the first thing i've done to my phone since rooting it. Thanks for the work you did making this mod and the details on how to install it. Made it easy for a super noob like me to do!

Glad it went OK for you! Enjoy and thank you.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

System/framework/framework-res.apk/Res/xml. You will want to pull the Eri.XML file. Using a xml editor (forgot what one I use) you will see the code on the left and the text break down on the right. Find the Verizon wireless line and overwrite it or space over all the text to erase it. Then drop the file back into the folder with 7zip and save it. Push the framework-res.apk file back to the phone or copy paste over the stock.

When you open the xml file in an editor, does it have a bunch of ASCII characters in it like this?

erixml.png

Just curious because it doesn't seem to be a text file.

Last edited:

AlSat

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

It's been some time since I made some mods but I wanted to share this. It is for stock framework. It will remove VerizonWireless from your lock screen and your drop down. Install is simple. Download the file and and place on your phone. Using root explorer find the framework file and copy it. Then go into system/framework and paste. Before you paste make sure you are in R/W mode. Once you hit paste it will just reboot. Give it a moment and it will boot back up and it will look like in the photos.
No Verizon - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Google - NOTICE
Galaxy Nexus - NOTICE
Stock - NOTICE
Click to view quoted image

MegaUpload is dead. Killed by FBI. RIP. Where else can I get the file do remove Verizon Wireless lockscreen? :-X

Thanks

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
MegaUpload is dead. Killed by FBI. RIP. Where else can I get the file do remove Verizon Wireless lockscreen? :-X

Thanks

Yea I noticed. I dislike most other file sites. What's a good one that's not under attack right now and I'll move them.

Sa_Les_Ski

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I'm late to the party as well. I'll be watching this thread in hopes you post them somewhere else. Thx

what25

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Yea I noticed. I dislike most other file sites. What's a good one that's not under attack right now and I'll move them.

I found this site, since I just got my nexus and I really want to tried this mod.

Suggestion to the OP, have you tried dropbox? It's legit, unlike most other file sharing sites online, and you can easily manage your files with a desktop app. All with a free account.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I think I'm going to make a how to. I'm on bugless beast now so would need stock again. With the how to no matter what rom or version on ics your on you can have this mod. Its simple to do.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

pixai

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I think I'm going to make a how to. I'm on bugless beast now so would need stock again. With the how to no matter what rom or version on ics your on you can have this mod. Its simple to do.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Think you could reup it now? Really wanted this. :D

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok I found some time to rework this. It should now work on any rom. I'm just looking for a place to put the file up for download. New link will be up soon with a new how to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante