Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

NameNotFound

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
The only quirk I've found (thus far) is the camera.

Sure, still shots come out great, but Odin help me if I want to take a picture of something moving (such as my son). That delay is REALLY bad. I'm 97% sure it's a software issue, so I'm hoping that Motorola addresses it, perhaps when they release 5.0?

Other than that, I'm worried about the nylon on the back (64GB Turbo here!) is going to fray over time.

JIH2009

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Powered off overnight after running the battery down and left it on the turbo charger for the night. All seems good today, from 6:30-2:00 I'm still at 88%. I'm thinking the glitch may have been caused by the wireless charger...possibly not lined up right? Haven't tried it since, but will go back to wireless charging this weekend.

I've had the exact same problem as you. Charged over night on the wireless charger, next day 98% for 13 hours. Today It dropped to 49% after 6.5hrs, then turned off. I plugged into the turbo charger, in literally 3 minutes, 100%. I'll be trying the off charge tonight, via turbo charger. Has your Turbo gone back to normal? Think the wireless charging was the problem?

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday active notifications weren't displaying properly in the car. Normally hit a bump and flashes with time but a few instances it lit up with distorted lines across the area. Hitting power button showed lock screen correctly.

Sodot

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hold the power button and volume down button to take a screen shot. The contact in the top left is yourself. Sort of like an ID badge I guess. It shows my google+ picture and says my name on mine.

Razrmaxx22

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I so far love the droid turbo, coming from the Razr maxx HD, its a good phone. One issue I've had is that the capacitive lights are either not fully lit or parts of them are not lit. I had my first turbo for a while and noticed that the third buttons top right corner was dimmer than the rest of the button when it would light up. So I took it in for a replacement phone. I looked at it and it looked fine to me and went ahead and stuck with it, till I looked at it when I got home in the dark and the go back button was have bright and half dim, and comparing the home button to the multitasking button, the multitasking button is completely dim.

Now you may think that this isn't a big issue considering the buttons work, but I bought the phone out right because I still have unlimited data so it bothers me if the buttons don't all look exactly the same.

luninar

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

I'm actually having this happen too. Just wondering if it's a normal thing or if something is faulty. When the phone turns back on it has tons of bloatware/VZW bull in the background on startup that is driving me mad, and sapping the battery to boot.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When the phone turns back on it has tons of bloatware/VZW bull in the background on startup that is driving me mad, and sapping the battery to boot.

Open the app drawer, find those bloatware apps. Drag them like you are going to put them on a home screen, but instead drag them to the top of the screen, where it says "app info". For almost all of those apps, there should be a disable button - hit it and those apps will disappear from the app drawer and will no longer start up when you restart the phone.

(Or you can go into settings / apps, slide to all, and do the same thing there...)

Stratman Rick

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more screen shot

Firedogee or anyone with the Ballistic Nylon back :

How is the back holding up as far as any fraying of material is concerned? Any areas that look to potentially start to unravel ?

I'm seeing a little fraying around the camera lens and the flashes. Minute but it's there. Ordered a Naked Case which is on its way; hope that'll nip it in the bud.

Stevan King

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is how you take a screen shot with the turbo.
The only thing I have found is when you push the home button while in an app it goes back to the previous screen and you have to push again to get to home screen. I also can't find HD calling that is supposed to be on the phone. I had it working on the MAXX>

HD Calling will be available on the next update rollout. We're (Verizon) not sure when it's going to come out, Motorola has yet to release the date to us, but we do know that it's coming soon!

1BlinkGone

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think voice privacy has anything to do with volume, it is encryption to the cell tower.

Well, I'll put it this way, it tremendously gave me louder speakerphone performance when switched off. Not to argue, but IMO 1+1= 2 here. lol. This was also one of the advised fixes from the peeps here. It also made my handset's earpiece volume increase.
Interestingly enough, it seems to have made a better broadcast signal to a friend of mine who says he can hear me much better now on the same phone he's been using all along when I use the speakerphone...go figure.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My screen orientation occasionally gets hung requiring an "etch-a-sketch" maneuver. Anyone else see this once every day or two?

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'll put it this way, it tremendously gave me louder speakerphone performance when switched off. Not to argue, but IMO 1+1= 2 here. lol. This was also one of the advised fixes from the peeps here. It also made my handset's earpiece volume increase.
Interestingly enough, it seems to have made a better broadcast signal to a friend of mine who says he can hear me much better now on the same phone he's been using all along when I use the speakerphone...go figure.
ok, i'm going to give it a shot

Allen Waldrep

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more screen shot

Firedogee or anyone with the Ballistic Nylon back :

How is the back holding up as far as any fraying of material is concerned? Any areas that look to potentially start to unravel ?

I bought the 1st 64 gb BN Turbo at my store on 10/30, I don't use cases or protective screens, phone goes in my front pants pocket with screen facing my leg. I also have a tight spring clip mount in the car. I returned it 2 weeks ago because of loud feedback others heard when I spoke on phone. The first phone nor the current one show any sign of fray or wear at all on ballistic nylon, still looks new.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem as you. Charged over night on the wireless charger, next day 98% for 13 hours. Today It dropped to 49% after 6.5hrs, then turned off. I plugged into the turbo charger, in literally 3 minutes, 100%. I'll be trying the off charge tonight, via turbo charger. Has your Turbo gone back to normal? Think the wireless charging was the problem?

I forgot to put the phone on the charger when I went to bed last night and I was at 35%. I woke up and it was at 16% I put it on the turbo charger and woke up exactly 2 hours later and it was at 100%. I really have no complaint about the life of the battery, it last me all day and into the night. Most nights I have 45% left when I go to bed. What is funny is I realized I was starting to freak out when my battery go to 45% after 16 or more hours. That's when I said to my self duh you still got 12 or 14 hours of battery left. I used to be happy if my phone still had any charge when I went to bed. Go figure.

Allen Waldrep

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I also had problems with loud feedback when speaking on phone, it was true on phone speaker mode and bluetooth over the car stereo, the only fix was to go to handset mode which is less than ideal with a hands-free phone driving state law. It was not consistent, could not recreate at will. The fix was to return for replacement after 2 weeks. It happened once on new phone about a week ago, may have been fluke but just took advice of 1blinkgone implementing both his suggestions anyway.

INCREDIBLE battery and power management, I use my phone heavily. GPS, WiFi, & bluetooth always on yet I finish 16 hour days with 20-50% battery left. No longer need to plug in at every opportunity, just when I go to bed.

Deborah Wilson

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. My phone goes blank. I'll push the on/off button to try to get the display back but it takes constant pushing of the button to come back on. I'm wondering if I should take it in to get checked out or am I doing something wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear