Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

Japultra

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
What are the battery drain increments? Droid is in 10% increments. Does the Droid X also deplete in 10% increments or does it show more detailed?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What are the battery drain increments? Droid is in 10% increments. Does the Droid X also deplete in 10% increments or does it show more detailed?

There are plenty of battery monitoring apps you can get for free once it's out. Though not as convenient as the home screen icon, it's usually the most detailed.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
This is not the right cable. This is a mini HDMI. The Droid X uses a Micro HDMI. Monoprice currently does not stock them.

Oh, lame. Looks like I need to do more research on the differences in HDMI cables. I've never had a need for a smaller version so I didn't realize there was a difference. Thanks for knocking me down a peg. Seriously :)

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
cut and paste

does anyone know if the droid x will be able to cut and paste? also can you get the live aniamted weather widget like the htc incredible, example if its raining rain animation happens on your phone etc??

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Does the X have a compact QWERTY option? like the storm/eris/incredible?

Oh man, I didn't even think about asking this. I use compast qwerty (SureType) on my storm exclusively. I have a hard time typing on a full keyboard with a touch screen.

Also, I feel like it's worth mentioning, there seems to be a lot of Storm owners who are jumping ship to the DI and the DX. I already mentioned this in the DI forums, but it's nice to see it continue here as well. Mass migration, activate!

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, I didn't even think about asking this. I use compast qwerty (SureType) on my storm exclusively. I have a hard time typing on a full keyboard with a touch screen.

Also, I feel like it's worth mentioning, there seems to be a lot of Storm owners who are jumping ship to the DI and the DX. I already mentioned this in the DI forums, but it's nice to see it continue here as well. Mass migration, activate!

I think this is because most Storm 1 and 2 buyers, like me, expected a more feature packed phone with tons of cool apps and games and an impressive new UI.

Instead, they got a Blackberry with a weird touchscreen which was on par (debatable, yes) with Android at the time, but Android accelerated and RIM kinda just said, ok whatever, here's a new version of BBM and a really slow AppWorld.

That's why I'm jumping ship. Never really enjoyed my Blackberry. Should've gotten a Droid when I had the chance...

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the Droid X support Avi? almost all of my movies are in avi format and i would hate to have to convert them if i want to watch them on the phone. The mobile burn review part 3 says no avi but the hands on that Engadget did b4 the phone was announced played Hot Tub Time Machine in avi. So anyone know?

Is Phil gonna post any answers to these questions? 8 pages and no answers yet. Whats up with that?

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I think this is because most Storm 1 and 2 buyers, like me, expected a more feature packed phone with tons of cool apps and games and an impressive new UI.

Instead, they got a Blackberry with a weird touchscreen which was on par (debatable, yes) with Android at the time, but Android accelerated and RIM kinda just said, ok whatever, here's a new version of BBM and a really slow AppWorld.

Couldn't have said it any better. :cool:

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I went from the Dare to the storm.. So I enjoyed it at the time. the browser sucked tho. No looking back now. Android is the way to go. I was shocked that Iphone didn't have multi tasking untill now :eek: ok back on topic

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is Motorola gonna a release a GSM version or one with SIM cards or International version ?
I'm from Saudi Arabia & they use the regular networks like European countries

Is there gonna be a "unlocked version" or "contract free version" or what ever it called ?
A friend of mine ordered a Sidekick LX 2009 from America & she can't access to the web through her Sidekick , because it got something to do with contracts & locked versions

Do you know how much Droid X (for unlocked version) price will be ?

darkcomartist

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil. I didn't see this answered on the Androidcentral.com post but I was wondering if the Droid X will have the Gorilla glass like the Droid1? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia