Motorola Droid X - What do you want to know?

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any exact specs on size and weight?

# DISPLAY SIZE
4.3-in.; WVGA (480 x 854)

# WEIGHT
155 grams

# SIZE (H X W X D)
65.5 x 127.5 x 9.9 mm

Also, here's a chart comparing its size to other popular phones...
showimagephpg.jpg

SCMoney360

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there something similar to HTC Scenes (not sense) already on the phone?

Internal memory can't be used for music/videos?

edit: found my answer - according to BGR, they state it is only for apps and app data.

Last edited:

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
How is the facebook intergration? I know on the incredible it would allow you to "Link" a contact with your facebook account and then be able to see their status right below their name in the main contact list. Does all android phones allow for that or was that sense that did that?

tomiwah#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
How is integrated Exchange support? Does is support accounts that require a PIN lock and if so, can it use a number PIN like Froyo and not the regular keyboard?

Thanks

From the official press release:

Once updated to Android 2.2, business customers will find DROID X offers the features that turn the device into a workhorse with support for both Exchange and Gmail? for business. Corporate users can enjoy push delivery of e-mail; live widgets that stream messages to the home screen; filter widgets to differentiate work and home e-mail; corporate directory and Global look-up along with a unified calendar for Enterprise and sync with Google Calendar?. Security protocols allow remote password control and wipe via Exchange server.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find out if its has the Compact QWERTY option? It'll be a bummer if it doesn't..

When there switching between swipe and multi-touch it doesn't show it. But that might be a different option between QWERTY, Compact QWERTY, and phone pad. Who knows.

If it doesn't do one of the apps. betterkeyboard and the like, have the ability to fix that?

Thanks.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Do i need to be renewing a two year contract to pre-order at Best Buy or do they allow pre-orders for the full price version.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Can the 8 gb on board memory be used for pictures, music, movies etc. Have you been able to access the on board memory? Thanks!

JubbaTheHutt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Do i need to be renewing a two year contract to pre-order at Best Buy or do they allow pre-orders for the full price version.

I haven't seen a confirmed price outside of the 2-yr contract, but I know BB has allowed full-priced purchases on phones before. Either way it doesn't really matter now, as they have stopped all preorders on the X.

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks and one other thing. I heard that in order to use the radio you have to use headphones. Is this true and if it is why.

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I've a rather trivial question about the FM Tuner (not a huge feature draw, but I have my reasons): one would assume it is a digital tuner, but can one manually tune it to the desired frequency, or does it auto-tune to only stations it detects? Thanks Phil.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Gallery Picasa sync ?

Does Droid X come with the Nexus One style 3D Gallery that syncs with Picasa?

I am pretty sure it has a custom gallery, but I am also very very interested to know if Picasa sync is part of it. This is pretty important to me.

SCMoney360

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So tell us... What's this photo about? androidcentral | TweetPhoto

Is this a special launcher? Stock FroYo? The new "it's not MotoBlur" thing deactivated? C'mon, spill the beans! ;)

I think that is stock meaning you can turn off the philblur.

But that is a rather cryptic tweet...because people have also been asking if you can put adw on it as well.

Im more inclined to believe the first than the second, because the second would be too obvious.

either way.....awesome!