moving NE2 up 15 days

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
WTF! i am VZW customer of 7 years and pay no less than $180 monthly for two lines. and have for many moons. i just called to see if i could get NE2 moved up so i could purchase the GN online tonight. they wouldnt let me do it!!! has anyone else had theirs moved up recently? any tips or tricks?

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Good luck! I tried to get my upgrade moved up from Jan 17 with no luck. The CSR was really helpful but when he spoke to his supervisor, the super denied it unless I wanted to buy a 3G phone (he said he wouldn't move up my date for a newer 4G "hot" phone). I then got transferred to telesales for something else and this woman, who was incredibly nice, said that you have to go up a few levels on the management chain in order to get upgrade dates changed. She said it's VERY TOUGH! I'm gonna try with the manager at my local VZW store. It worked last time, but I was closer to my date, and the phone I had at the time was about the 6th or 7th one I had gotten due to defects/bugs etc.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ask again. They say no then ask what price would it be at this point in your contact to terminate. Then ask for the date of the end of your contract not the date for your upgrade. I know one lost customer might not matter but maybe they will do the right thing here. Lock you in for another 2 years is better for them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rltripp

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I got mine moved up a month when the Fascinate launched. Just keep asking for it. Always stay calm and respectful, and they will eventually move it up.

davelm

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
They automatically moved mine up 3 months... didn't even ask. Was march, but now its available. And they added a $50 off a phone on other line, on top of the upgrade price.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I got a no from reps back when the OG droid was released. I was about 3 weeks shy of my NE2. I saw on another board about sending an email. I found the contact form on VZWs website and clicked the drop down boxes that helps show what you're contacting them about. I explained that I wanted to upgrade so I could get the new droid. Got an email back within about 8 hours saying my date had been bumped up.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
call customer service and ask to speak to their Loyalty and Retention department. They will be reluctant to transfer you but insist. I never had unlimited data and I wanted it with my Razr and now GN but I was too late to get it. So I called and asked to speak to Loyalty and Retention and reminded them how long I have been with them and they gave it to me almost 5 months after it expired.

llasch

May 24, 2010
Visit site
They automatically moved mine up 3 months... didn't even ask. Was march, but now its available. And they added a $50 off a phone on other line, on top of the upgrade price.

I'm due for an upgrade in March 2012 but I think since I upgraded before early Jan 2011 (bought my Droid X in July 2010) all I have to do is pay 25 bucks and I can upgrade again.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade in March 2012 but I think since I upgraded before early Jan 2011 (bought my Droid X in July 2010) all I have to do is pay 25 bucks and I can upgrade again.

im in the same boat as you...how do i find out more about this $25 early upgrade fee...cause i would definitely like to save the difference of buying it at 650 vs 325

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
im in the same boat as you...how do i find out more about this $25 early upgrade fee...cause i would definitely like to save the difference of buying it at 650 vs 325

I was in the corp store today and asked about this. They explained it this way:
You have had to have started your contract before Jan of this year.
You need to have a calling plan of $49 or higher (not the data but the calling minutes plan)

No can do unless above criteria are met.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was in the corp store today and asked about this. They explained it this way:
You have had to have started your contract before Jan of this year.
You need to have a calling plan of $49 or higher (not the data but the calling minutes plan)

No can do unless above criteria are met.

so what all do i need to do? just ask for the early upgrade off for $25 when i go in tomorrow? or should i call vzw and get it taken care of now before i go in tomorrow

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
WTF! i am VZW customer of 7 years and pay no less than $180 monthly for two lines. and have for many moons. i just called to see if i could get NE2 moved up so i could purchase the GN online tonight. they wouldnt let me do it!!! has anyone else had theirs moved up recently? any tips or tricks?

Hold on. When you say "NE2", do you mean the discount? Or do you mean upgrade eligibility? It's easy to get your upgrade eligibility moved, but I don't know about the discount. I've been able to get my upgrade date moved in the past, but I haven't gotten the discount when I've been able to upgrade early.

Sintec

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as the OP. My upgrade date is the 28th and it's the last time I get to use my NE2 of $50. I called yesterday and they said pushing up the NE2 is not possible. I read in a verizon support forum the same thing. I also tried my luck with sales online chat and they referred me to customer service. I'm going to try again a couple more times today for poops and giggles, but as someone else stated I heard Loyalty Group is who you need to speak with to get things done. The problem is the NE2 discount, otherwise I know this wouldn't be an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames